Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #111
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No I don't think so. Right now you have to eyeball it. If I was to guess...I would say its about the height of Optimus Prime holding his gun up in the air...and about 18" - 22" in depth. Optimus Prime is bigger depth at 24". That's about best I can come up with for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Isnt that Optimus Prime like 40+” with the gun in the air? This is really that tall?

If so, I’m really awful at eyeballing the dimensions lol. That would put this as tall as the P1 Superman Hush statue.
It doesn’t look that tall to me. I’m guessing about 25”. At 1/6 scale, the Batman figure shouldn’t be taller than 13”, especially considering his wide stance.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #112
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Isnt that Optimus Prime like 40+” with the gun in the air? This is really that tall?

If so, I’m really awful at eyeballing the dimensions lol. That would put this as tall as the P1 Superman Hush statue.
Ok if Optimus with gun is 40" then this is probably more like 32" - 36" maybe.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #113
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It doesn’t look that tall to me. I’m guessing about 25”. At 1/6 scale, the Batman figure shouldn’t be taller than 13”, especially considering his wide stance.
Yeah, 25’ish” is what I would guess based on the picture but I have no idea if that’s right or not. And if it is that size, I’m hesitant to order it. I know it’ll look amazing but I’m not sure I want to put that much $ into characters of that size, even if it is 12 in 1.

Now if it’s 30 or so inches plus, I’m in. Radd Titan mentioned in their video they’d post the dimensions on Facebook, hopefully they do or someone else does.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #114
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It will look stunning but I think an entire rogues gallery in 1/6 on their own is what I envisioned for my collection so I am slowly pulling away from this.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #115
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Yeah, That's what I'd say too. And about 18" wide based on that. depth-wise probably 12-16", I would guess.

Not a big statue at all for all that is going on (not to mention the price), but an exceedingly impressive one in terms of concept and execution.

I've been sick to death of Batman and his universe for a decade now, but this has to be one of the three best statues I've ever seen for a comic book character.
And the other two slots are just padding, because at the moment, I really can't think of anything I've seen that actually betters this.

One of the main points about the character has always been the quality and depth of his rogues gallery- and that's here in spades- and each one beautifully realized.

Stunning piece. Congrats to whoever gets this!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #116
built2shred
Phoenix

I still think it's around 30" tall and probably around 20" in depth
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:33 PM   #117
pdenham
Teen Titans

I just watched Radd's video and I think I was off a little.

I'm gonna say 26-27" tall by about 22" wide (at it's widest points), and likely somewhere around 18-20" deep.

Even though there are twelve figures represented, they are all mostly only shown from the waist up, with a few exceptions.

That's not an aesthetic criticism, just something to factor in when discussing value because it doesn't really translate to $2500 divided by 12.

But that's another discussion altogether.

I'm going to be very interested to see how how they pull off both paint jobs because each one presents it's own challenges.

With another character- one with a more colorful costume, I think the contrast could work beautifully on a cloudy version.
Here, with a Batman that will likely be primarily black and gray, they would have to keep the values pretty light on the all the other character to have him pop and not have the whole thing look like a muddy jumble.

This is going to be a fun piece to watch gel.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #118
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Croc's tail was in the base but I think that was removed. Didn't make sense I guess and it was hard to tell what it was if not told what it was. With something like this...its hard to omit some characters. Ra's I totally forgot about him. Killer Croc I didn't but I am glad to see someone new like Man-Bat who I have never seen in statue form before.
Agreed. Outside of Tweeterhead’s line, Clayface and Man-bat won’t get some love. The top makers won’t even touch Riddler or Penguin... I wouldn’t doubt SS saw P1 AO Freeze sell out in 2 hours and used that in their decision for their upcoming PF.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #119
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Tweeterhead will do a cool run of these rogues imo. I’m happy for that but it will take few years to get them

Joker
Harley
Bud & Lou
Catwoman

All done or coming and I heard Riddler is next!

Crazy that sideshow in all these years holding lisence they have haven’t done Batman rogues . It’s so bizarre to me considering the fan base
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:19 AM   #120
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I love this statue and it’s an absolute must own for me. I love dioramas and is one of the reasons why I’m attracted to XM pieces more than any other company at the moment.

I do wish they could have put Riddler in there and Croc would have looked visually awesome.

I’m sacrificing Hulk Transformation and Doctor Octopus to get this unfortunately. I wasn’t expecting a must have statue like this to come out.

It is odd that they showed this before Darkseid vs Justice League Diorama. I haven’t heard anything on that in months! Anyone have word on it?
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote