Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 02-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #121
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Dude....your making me sad. Where is the plastic concentrated?
And!!!!! PICS!!!!!!!!!
It's kind of all over. The most noticeable is the head. There is no weight to it at all. On Soundwave, there is a mix of polystone and plastic on the head, OP is all plastic.

I don't know, I could be just be being overly dramatic. Maybe other people can tell me I'm crazy when they get theirs.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #122
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Imaginarium Art is back! For review, let's take a look at what's out there....

Prime 1 Studios
$1K from Sideshow
Nice. But is this really G1 Optimus? Hi Josh Nizzi.

XM Studios
$2K from Spec Fiction Shop (probably other options but I live in the US)
Dynamic and great detail. But still more artistic liberties.

Imaginarium Art
$1250 Spec Fiction Shop (was at BBTS for $1200)
Well hello Optimus.

Source. Here is who we want!

In my opinion, no contest Imaginarium Art is the G1 Optimus Prime. Not taking away anything from the other 2 as they also look like great statues. But I am looking for my G1 Prime.

So my quick critique after getting this guy.
As awesome looking in person as the pictures. Packaging was good and no breakage. Art box was awesome and reminded me of buying the toy. Some plastic pieces for attachments such as head, hands, guns, axe, and trailer piece. Roller and convoy dude had good weight. Optimus and the base both Polystone. No batteries or instructions bummer but does not take anything away from the piece as these are only first impression items.

In summary, this is the Optimus Prime grail piece. Tops anything I have seen to date but who knows the future. Price is competitive. I am one happy camper.

Time to roll out and hang out with my Prime. Great job Imaginarium Art and one of my favorite pieces. Thanks for reading!!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:47 PM   #123
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
It's kind of all over. The most noticeable is the head. There is no weight to it at all. On Soundwave, there is a mix of polystone and plastic on the head, OP is all plastic.

I don't know, I could be just be being overly dramatic. Maybe other people can tell me I'm crazy when they get theirs.
I don't have Soundwave to compare but my experience was different. You're not crazy, and to each their own, but I do expect this to sell quickly so if you're not happy, just sell it to the next guy and give them a chance to experience it.

This statue is awesome.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #124
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm not even close to selling! Lol. I do love the look of him, the base with roller is outstanding!

I don't want to seem like a complainer, Soundwave is just so good, I was expecting the same. OP is beautiful but different from Soundwave.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:12 AM   #125
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Indomitus, thanks for the review!
I feel better!
T.MAC
Your not crazy. I get wanting to feel like the product is not plasticy. The good part of that is less that will break if some of the change out parts are plastic. as well if it's lighter less problems with weight!
As long as it looks good and the resin parts are in good shape I think this one is a winner!
Now just gotta decide between Rodimus and the up coming Devastator.....
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #126
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I got my Optimus “coffin case” box in from BBTS. I’ve heard rumblings about “light” accessories but it was pretty heavy to carry in. I was assuming it was only the hand accessories were 3D printed to lessen the dangling weight. So are they cranking these out because they’re 3D printed pieces? If so, they shouldn’t charge as much as polystone
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #127
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
So I'm pretty torn. Optimus arrived today. He is beautiful to look at but assembling him, there is a lot of plastic. It kind of feels cheap, there was also no booklet, though you really don't need one and no batteries included. I have to figure out what size those little watch battery things are.
IA announced what parts were 3D printed before pre-order to keep everyone informed.

I guess that doesn't really help people who shop from BBTS or the like.

KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #128
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm glad they put out what was going to be 3D printed. I even remember seeing that before. Guess I just wasn't ready to feel the difference in person. Like I said, it's a beautiful piece but the weight just feels off (compared to Soundwave).

Anyway, I still really like it and more so today than yesterday.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #129
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
IA announced what parts were 3D printed before pre-order to keep everyone informed.

I guess that doesn't really help people who shop from BBTS or the like.

Great post and thanks for sharing this reminder or news to everyone. Should set the story straight and align expectations. I hope IA also updates this same thing for future statues!
Old 02-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #130
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Does anyone know the size batteries needed OP head? I know they are those little watch battery type things but I don't know the size.

Thanks!