Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #91
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

I have to say, I'm a massive, ridiculous, Alien fan and have been since I was little and I'm really not blown away by this piece at all... It's... ok...

I don't like the positioning of the aliens, the standing on the head thing is not an alien thing for them to be doing. I don't like how far the top alien is leaning out.

I don't massively like the paint (although it does look A LOT better painted than it did unpainted).

The 'big chap like' alternative head seems ok...

And its a stylised piece based on the film aliens which is again not my thing. I am more of a purist when it comes to aliens.

I can understand why people that just think aliens are cool would be raving for this but for the money this is bound to cost there are alternatives that are based on the movies (and future alternatives - see Prime 1's proposed idea) that are much more what I am after.

Definite miss for me.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #92
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
I have to say, I'm a massive, ridiculous, Alien fan and have been since I was little and I'm really not blown away by this piece at all... It's... ok...

I don't like the positioning of the aliens, the standing on the head thing is not an alien thing for them to be doing. I don't like how far the top alien is leaning out.

I don't massively like the paint (although it does look A LOT better painted than it did unpainted).

The 'big chap like' alternative head seems ok...

And its a stylised piece based on the film aliens which is again not my thing. I am more of a purist when it comes to aliens.

I can understand why people that just think aliens are cool would be raving for this but for the money this is bound to cost there are alternatives that are based on the movies (and future alternatives - see Prime 1's proposed idea) that are much more what I am after.

Definite miss for me.
Just to clarify...this is not based on any Alien film (although the Jonesy look alike cat can give that impression). This is a completely creative Alien (although I expect it can only get so creative due to Aliens biology).

The good thing for purists is there will be other options...but up to this point...I have yet to see a better concept for an Alien piece...like ever! I do like the Prime 1 comic Alien very, very, much though!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #93
Jack1988
Doh!

The best alien for me. Did Xm communicate the height of the beast?
Jack1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #94
Cromulon
Justice League

Looks amazing, cheers for all you who can get it. It will definitely be a center piece. The price is out of this world though.... This is the response I got concerning availability and price.

- "Price for Alien would be 1999 Euros + shipping from Germany to the UK which usually is between 55 and 65 Euros."

To then ship that to the US it would be well over ($2,700 +)

It is indeed a beautiful statue, but for the price, Prime 1 is the way to go.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #95
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Took the plunge and have this on preorder to join my CM Alien. Anyone have approx depth of this piece? Would 3' be about right or more?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #96
Devo

Noticing from images at more recent conventions lead Alien is painted more brown with big chap dome, while other Alien has more of a warrior look, painted in greens/blues.

At earlier conventions in year, both Aliens had the warrior domes and paint app, with the big chap head as switch out. I personally would prefer this option to go into production.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #97
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Noticing from images at more recent conventions lead Alien is painted more brown with big chap dome, while other Alien has more of a warrior look, painted in greens/blues.

At earlier conventions in year, both Aliens had the warrior domes and paint app, with the big chap head as switch out. I personally would prefer this option to go into production.

There is no change in paint, just the lightning. Comes with two heads.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #98
Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
There is no change in paint, just the lightning. Comes with two heads.
There is definitely a difference in more recent footage, will put it down to lighting for now.

Being in the know, will you be able get some measurements for this piece Grumpy?
Old 11-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #99
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
There is definitely a difference in more recent footage, will put it down to lighting for now.

Being in the know, will you be able get some measurements for this piece Grumpy?
It was the light, trust me.

STGCC = White clear lightning

London / Lucca = Yellow warm lightning

I have no measurements at the moment.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #100
Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
It was the light, trust me.

STGCC = White clear lightning

London / Lucca = Yellow warm lightning

I have no measurements at the moment.
I trust you

If you discover the dimensions of these beasts, do let us all know, thanks