Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #201
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Ale Garza -1

Some of you might know me from another board (different username) and this story will sound very familiar.

He took $160 from me at a convention in late March of 2011, on a Saturday, and didn't start working on his commissions list until Sunday morning. His mistake is that he took too many names, all paying cash up front, and that he couldn't possibly finish them all in such a short time. At the end of the convention on Sunday he told me that he would take my commission request home and finish it in a weeks time and mail it to me. Well, months went by with back and forth emails/Facebook messages of him just egging me on. Responses varying from "I'm out of town, I'll have to do it later" to "I finished it, but lost it" were said when, in October, he opened up another commissions list on his Facebook page. I used this as an opportunity to buy another commission from him and hopefully to get him to finish the one owed. The price for this commission was $200, and I paid him through Paypal using my Amex card. The agreement was that he would finish both and get them to me before Christmas because one was going to be a gift. Well, Christmas came and went, he stopped replying to my emails and Facebook messages, and I put in a complaint with Paypal and my Amex card to get my money back. This finally got him to respond to me with the following email after January 1st 2012:

"what the hell?! ive been out of town, and i come to find out youve requested a chargeback and now my accounts negative?! look i'm not target i dont give refunds you will get your artwork when i get to it, either drop this now or i will file a claim back stating that youve filed a false claim. once you have you will recieve your artwork!"

I haven't spoken to him since and he still has my $160 from the convention in 2011. I haven't been to a convention that he's attended since then, so I have no idea how he'll handle the situation when I approach him in person about it the next time I see him.

Stay far away from this man!

Man... I hate hearing this type of story...
Where do these guys get off... wtf.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #202
Underdog07
Hercules

I can't believe you double downed on Garza.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #203
TheORKINMan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

+1 for Ethan Van Sciver, he took a long time (1 year 2 months) but he did give me an upgrade on my commission without charging extra
TheORKINMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #204
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I can't believe you double downed on Garza.

And, I can't believe it's Memorex!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #205
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
And, I can't believe it's Memorex!
Well, I can't believe it's not butter.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #206
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You know...this Ale Garza might somehow be related to Jason Craig. Distant cousins perhaps?

sucks you had that experience but I just don't understand why you'd pick up a second commission from the guy when he still had not delivered a first. You're not really doing yourself any favours...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #207
dcd747

Sorry about your bad experience.

When I asked Ale to do a commission earlier this year, he was incredibly quick with the turnaround. I expected it to be the last one of the day for pick-up and it turned out to be the first.

I simply let him know I was only going to be there the one day and he bumped it to the front of the line.

Did you try contacting Michael Alexander?
dcd747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #208
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't know who Michael Alexander is, and if you're even asking me if I've ever contacted him. Would he be someone who could help me get my owed commission from Garza?

And I only double-downed with Ale because I knew that by paying through Paypal and my Amex card that I could get my money back if things went sour. I was simply hoping that by paying for a second commission that he would have been more enticed to finishing both of them and mailing them out in one package. I really do like his work, so the idea of getting two commissions was a good feeling. But sadly, I guess his second commission list from Facebook was another scam and he got even angrier at me for defending myself from it =(
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #209
khazano

I personally will never deal with Ale Garza again. A lesson I learned almost ten years ago. Stay away!
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #210
dcd747

Michael Alexander acts as his rep, from my understanding. His website is More Great Art and he has a gallery on CAF. It might be worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I don't know who Michael Alexander is, and if you're even asking me if I've ever contacted him. Would he be someone who could help me get my owed commission from Garza?

And I only double-downed with Ale because I knew that by paying through Paypal and my Amex card that I could get my money back if things went sour. I was simply hoping that by paying for a second commission that he would have been more enticed to finishing both of them and mailing them out in one package. I really do like his work, so the idea of getting two commissions was a good feeling. But sadly, I guess his second commission list from Facebook was another scam and he got even angrier at me for defending myself from it =(
dcd747 is offline   Reply With Quote