Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #251
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalahmar View Post
I put up a 360 interactive statue spin for Tali at the link below.

http://morethanjustreviews.com/2016/...-product-spin/

I also put a video that show the statue close up for those who are interested.

https://youtu.be/UkXJA1qJBGc
Thanks for this! Looks like you got a good 'un. Congrats! Gives me hope there will be some extras to replace mine and the others.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #252
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I've asked for a full refund. They are making me e-mail their director rather than doing so for me which is pretty ----ty customer service IMO. Anyways, waiting for a response.

I don't want to keep this POS.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #253
Snadinator

Gaming heads is giving me the run around when I ask for a refund. I don't find that funny. We are all legally entitled to a refund on a product. This may very well be the last time I deal with Gamingheads.

Sideshow, for all the hell they get, never gives me issues for things like this.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #254
dao2
Cyclops

I've gotten issues with SS before :| They are not immune.

GH charge the entire thing at the end, dispute it I guess.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #255
Snadinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I've gotten issues with SS before :| They are not immune.

GH charge the entire thing at the end, dispute it I guess.
Not when returning for a refund. Sideshow never gives the run around for that. The option for sending back for a full refund is always on the table.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #256
Snadinator

Furthermore GH profited from over charging me on shipping. The box is tiny. No way it was $140 USD to ship to me.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #257
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

^Gaming Heads most likely doesn't have a Canadian warehouse, so the more expensive shipping is expected but $140 is kind of excessive. It was only $35 for those within the US.

Honestly, I'd pay a premium if these statues were of better quality but Gaming Heads has never delivered on that front. For some reason they always show prototypes with detailed paint that isn't anywhere near as good when it actually goes into production. It's ridiculously misleading. Only difference with Tali is they went from mediocre to sloppy.

We all remember the Lara Croft mediocre paint:

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=124

This is the Kratos on Throne statue that seems to be the pinnacle for Gaming Heads paint jobs (it lacks the ash look of the prototype, among other things):

This is my own personal Garrus (actually, the replacement Garrus body I got was sloppy paint, so this is the better of the two). Notice they pretty much gave up giving the armor the damage the prototype has, which was already void of much of the detail from the game:

They even got the scope backwards on his rifle. I know I'm going on a rant but I just want people to understand why I cancelled all my pre-orders and hope they show some caution before ordering anything from them assuming it'll look like the pictures.

As a reminder, this was my Tali:

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=189
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:56 PM   #258
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Not when returning for a refund. Sideshow never gives the run around for that. The option for sending back for a full refund is always on the table.
People's mileage varies. They certainly haven't for me, going so far as to say a 5mm gap in a statue is fine cause you can't see it facing forward. So no they aren't always fine. And that was only my second attempt to return something. My first was was the masked predator LSB which pretty much anyone can attest was nowhere near proto level (of course) and had some some serious issues for me. I asked for a return and had to email back and forth (and call) 4 different people after 2 weeks they did a refund as a "one time courtesy".

edit: sorry predator LSB was my 2nd return, my first was ages ago with the Isaac Clarke PF, that monstrosity came out worse then the Rogue PF did.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #259
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
^Gaming Heads most likely doesn't have a Canadian warehouse, so the more expensive shipping is expected but $140 is kind of excessive. It was only $35 for those within the US.

Honestly, I'd pay a premium if these statues were of better quality but Gaming Heads has never delivered on that front. For some reason they always show prototypes with detailed paint that isn't anywhere near as good when it actually goes into production. It's ridiculously misleading. Only difference with Tali is they went from mediocre to sloppy.

We all remember the Lara Croft mediocre paint:

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=124

This is the Kratos on Throne statue that seems to be the pinnacle for Gaming Heads paint jobs (it lacks the ash look of the prototype, among other things):

This is my own personal Garrus (actually, the replacement Garrus body I got was sloppy paint, so this is the better of the two). Notice they pretty much gave up giving the armor the damage the prototype has, which was already void of much of the detail from the game:

They even got the scope backwards on his rifle. I know I'm going on a rant but I just want people to understand why I cancelled all my pre-orders and hope they show some caution before ordering anything from them assuming it'll look like the pictures.

As a reminder, this was my Tali:

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=189

Rofl, that Kratos on the right almost looks like a drag queen.....
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #260
dao2
Cyclops

Was offered $50 in credit, I sent an email back explaining that it's unacceptable, if they will not take a refund I'll do a pp claim or charge back. And if I don't get my money back that way then so be it. I'll consider it a loss and move forward with cancelling all my PO's with them. Not having even a basic standard is just ----ed up. Statues like this would be cheaper second hand anyways due to their ---- paint jobs which I could get repainted for a fair price. And if not well I'll be happy with Garrus and Liara, there's no sense in supporting work like this with my $.

edit: Got a response back that they'll look into it some more. I hope they do proper painted replacements but I doubt it. If not I won't really be satisfied with anything other then a full refund or like damn well half off the statue. If they couldn't do the lines it literally would have been better if they didn't even try like the kotobukiya.