Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #31
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't recall anyone saying saying it was "irrelevant." What you always heard was the 360 controller blows for fighting games. I would hazard a guess that close to 100% of their 40% share of sales on SF4 went to Xbox only owners. Anyone that had both was buying it on the PS4.

As for the exclusivity deal, I think you're viewing it from a last gen perspective. You see a 40/60 split on sales of SF4 and it seems like a lot of money to leave on the table. Except you need to remember what the user base was at that time...360 had a very decent lead on the PS3 and still only accounted for 40%. This gen? The PS4 has a commanding lead already and Capcom was probably reading the writing on the wall. If this wasn't exclusive. the split would probably be 20/80 and I'm most likely being over-generous.
I wasnt quoting anyone here. I see it on gaming forums all the time though.
I did say thatthe sales figure would be a lot less on the One, but millions of dollars are still millions of dollars. I assume Sony is offering enough money to make that loss worth it to Capcom.

My point from the start was that Capcom wasnt doing this as any kind of Japan loyalty deal. They werent thinking of loyalty when MS showed up with a mountain of cash for the Dead Rising exclusive. I just believe that third party exclusives are bad for gaming as a whole
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #32
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

People seem to be all worried about who's going to be in the game already. Its the SF4 Engine so i am sure they will all be in again but super reworked.

I think Capcom learned its lessons about the Reversals and Dive kicks issues.

Im betting they will do what other games are doing and what they did before. Start the game off with the core group, then either do DLC chars you buy or new versions of the game every other year.

i say this cause all the fans of the game now will be super pissed if their main char is not in it from the start or down the line.

But ill make a bet now, Alex and R Mika will be in it from day one.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #33
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
People seem to be all worried about who's going to be in the game already. Its the SF4 Engine so i am sure they will all be in again but super reworked.

Im betting they will do what other games are doing and what they did before. Start the game off with the core group, then either do DLC chars you buy or new versions of the game every other year.

i say this cause all the fans of the game now will be super pissed if their main char is not in it from the start or down the line.

Everyone should know how this will play out. Its a capcom game. Itll be a barebones, incomplete game with flawed, but solid gameplay that will slowly get upgrades over the course of a couple years until its the complete game it shouldve been in the first place.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #34
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Everyone should know how this will play out. Its a capcom game. Itll be a barebones, incomplete game with flawed, but solid gameplay that will slowly get upgrades over the course of a couple years until its the complete game it shouldve been in the first place.
let me finish that off for you

....the complete game it should've been in the first place.....AND then add in a sh!t ton of stuff no one asked for completely unbalancing what was a perfectly fine game
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #35
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
let me finish that off for you

....the complete game it should've been in the first place.....AND then add in a sh!t ton of stuff no one asked for completely unbalancing what was a perfectly fine game
Sounds about right.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #36
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
She looks very nice. That makes waiting for a Chun-Li revisit even harder.
Yes it makes mine even harder too.

Wait, what?
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #37
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post

Alex I think is a very safe bet. And Oro I would think.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #38
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Wow...it looks like SF5 is a permanent exclusive to PS4. Crazy.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #39
BornFreeSF

Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOM...rThSlwJpyTHOmQ

Guard Break? Time stamped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOM...youtu.be&t=57s
Old 12-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #40
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya looks like a guard brake. i think they are going to try and get away from the turtling and block stuns?

im just thinking of all the complaints about SF4 and how they may try to fix them.

Looks like the got rid of the flashy ultra close ups tho unless those where just supers.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote