Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 10-31-2016, 10:38 PM   #421
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
I was referencing (obviously unclearly ) your frustration with it (the P2 maquette).

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:42 AM   #422
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I got the portrait 'fixed' by Rafa, using some of the cash I saved, and love it now.

Lack of quills was my main gripe. Undersized spear and dreads never really bothered me.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #423
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
I got the portrait 'fixed' by Rafa, using some of the cash I saved, and love it now.

Lack of quills was my main gripe. Undersized spear and dreads never really bothered me.
Well I'm glad you had it customized to a level you deem acceptable.

If the paint was the only problem I would have bought it and done the same, but there's no way I could have lived with either head sculpt. They both only vaguely resembled the character they were depicting IMO.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #424
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hopefully not too much longer until this touches base in the UK.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #425
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Hopefully not too much longer until this touches base in the UK.
I was told 16th November so not too long
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #426
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hoooraaayyy
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #427
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Yup. Lee @CDUK said mid Nov.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:30 AM   #428
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm not a hardcore Predator fan, but I love this bust. It's a beauty and the presence is fantastic. I received a good paint job piece. Dreads are kind of sloppy, but understandable coming from the original molds. What bothers me most is the painted on netting. Doesn't make sense why they didn't just use material. His left eye isn't perfect but it's weird that the pic shows it worst than it is. In front of me you can't see it and it's normal. Overall I'm very happy with it. The 290USD shipping pissed me off(I got a free palette out of it lol). But since I'm not huge on alien, I cancelled the warrior and dog bust because I'm assuming shipping will be the same. I got my full NRD refunded. So if you're in the same vote, just contact SS and explain you were blind sided by the crazy shipping prices and that if you knew from the beginning you wouldn't have pre ordered.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #429
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
I'm not a hardcore Predator fan, but I love this bust. It's a beauty and the presence is fantastic. I received a good paint job piece. Dreads are kind of sloppy, but understandable coming from the original molds. What bothers me most is the painted on netting. Doesn't make sense why they didn't just use material. His left eye isn't perfect but it's weird that the pic shows it worst than it is. In front of me you can't see it and it's normal. Overall I'm very happy with it. The 290USD shipping pissed me off(I got a free palette out of it lol). But since I'm not huge on alien, I cancelled the warrior and dog bust because I'm assuming shipping will be the same. I got my full NRD refunded. So if you're in the same vote, just contact SS and explain you were blind sided by the crazy shipping prices and that if you knew from the beginning you wouldn't have pre ordered.
Congrats!

Yeah - I can see a few of those Alien pieces being cancelled due to shipping costs - although it should be a lot cheaper than the P2 as the box will be smaller.

The CoolProps website has (bad Google translation) "Dread performs a measurement from the actual prop, reproduction thorough to detail by using the six types that were also used for the original prop decoration have been made". The forums took that as meaning they were made by CoolProps rather than cast from (what must be badly decomposed) originals. That (and the way they have clumped them together with very little definition) would explain why they are sloppy.

If anyone knows for sure - please chime in.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #430
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Congrats!

Yeah - I can see a few of those Alien pieces being cancelled due to shipping costs - although it should be a lot cheaper than the P2 as the box will be smaller.

The CoolProps website has (bad Google translation) "Dread performs a measurement from the actual prop, reproduction thorough to detail by using the six types that were also used for the original prop decoration have been made". The forums took that as meaning they were made by CoolProps rather than cast from (what must be badly decomposed) originals. That (and the way they have clumped them together with very little definition) would explain why they are sloppy.

If anyone knows for sure - please chime in.

Thanks man!! Yeah, I don't want any surprises again and potentially pay that price for two. Way too much money spent in just shipping alone, if that were the case.

As for the translation, it's pretty much the jist of what it says in Japanese(that's from me who reads Japanese okay and from my mom who does perfectly). I think "artists interpretation" could have been used here perfectly. Made the dreads all separate or at least given more definition. That would have been a huge level up for sure. Even with its flaws, it's a beauty and a keeper for me.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote