Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 10-20-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Wonder Woman Full Size Bolland Statue

I've tried to get 2 of these off of ebay so far and both times they've come to me with cracked ankles. Are there any that exist without the damaged ankles or do all of you have some form of cracking on yours just not that noticeable. This is extremely frustrating to constantly have to chase ebay sellers about this issue. I really would like a mint condition statue in my collection but I just don't think it's worth all this hassle anymore.

I'd like to know what kinda crappy engineer approved of this design if the ankles will break just in transit from shipping (or guarding kobe bryant) /endrant.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 AM   #2
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

the ankle damage thing is a common flaw seen in this particular piece. as far as i know, there are very very few that are perfect. once you ship it, it tends to suffer. I bought mine off moonknight from this forum, and she arrived with crack too.
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Aquaman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I had a perfect one for years and sold on ebay about 2 years ago. She arrived perfect! I guess I was just lucky! There was a similar problem with the Aquaman full size!
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Mine is perfect, but I have had it for years. If you get another one ask the seller to wrap additional foam around the ankles. That or ask them to ensure with 100% confidence that the statue is seated properly in the styrofoam. I have had two ebay pieces arrive damaged and both were as a result of the seller not seating the piece properly and neglecting to retape the styrofoam shell closed.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
spenca7
Loki

I have mine and so far no cracks. It definately helps if you try to ship it standing up in the box. I know that the post office and or fedex/ups do throw the boxes around but make sure it is labeled this side up and what not then they can't dispute you on it that it wasnt properly labeled
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I have one that I'll be selling. The ankles are not cracked to the best of my knowledge, but I can take another look. The box, however was not in good shape. It still has all the styrofoam and outter packaging, but it's kinda beaten up. I keep the boxes in my attic.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I bought one new when they came out and had it on display for years. I had to move and put it back in the original box and packing. when I unpacked her the ankles had cracked. Pissed me off because it was one of my favorite pieces. Seems to be a very common flaw with this piece.
IceWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

This piece along with the Aquaman, Green Arrow, Vampire Batman and the GL vs Sinestro all have issues. Be super careful when taking them out or putting them into the boxes.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble finding a perfect example of this statue. They are only getting harder to find and more rare every day because so many of them have been damaged. On top of that, they are very desireable and have an appeal to a broad range of collectors which helps them maintain their value.

Mine is perfect as well. I bought it new from an online seller a couple years ago and had it shipped across the country and it arrived just fine. The box had never been opened so the interior packaging was sealed and intact (and apparently did the trick). I was actually surprised because I feared the worst, knowing what a common occurrence the ankle cracks are with this piece. It's been on display in my studio ever since with no problems.

You can see photos of my statue - #1363/5000 - on my website with turnarounds and close-ups:

>> http://experiencethewonder.com/statu..._FS_Statue.php

Here's a preview:

And a detail of the ankles:

ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #10
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I just don't see how there wasn't a large enough complaint base to make dc direct go back and redo the statues or the packaging of the product because obviously it's not sufficient if so many break so easily just traveling in vehicles.

Any of the same problems on the Adam Hughes Wonder Woman vs Serpents statue? I think I'll go look for that one instead and give up on the headache.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote