Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

good luck on that one. its equally hard to find now
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Agreed, if not more hard to find. But I have not heard of any prominent weakness issues with the Wonder Woman vs. Serpents Statue. Personally I like that one better anyway!

Additionally, I think DC did not make any apologies on the Bolland Statue because the sealed packaging serves it purpose, and issues only seem to occur when folks have opened or removed/replaced the statue and not restore the sealed integrity of the inner styrofoam by taping it tightly shut again.

ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #13
Floating Face of Destiny
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW_Curator View Post
Additionally, I think DC did not make any apologies on the Bolland Statue because the sealed packaging serves it purpose, and issues only seem to occur when folks have opened or removed/replaced the statue and not restore the sealed integrity of the inner styrofoam by taping it tightly shut again.

I have to disagree some on that. I bought the statue on the day it shipped to funnybook stores. My store received 10 of these. I opened up the first one and the ankle was broken all the way through. The second one, cracked. Third, broken through. Fourth, cracked, fifth...cracked, sixth...well, you get the picture. The eighth one was perfect. The owner went ahead and opened the other ones and they all had damage. So, out of 10 there was only 1 good statue. The other ones also had cracked and broken spears. I believe that this was one of DC Direct's best statues but one of their worst packaged or worst QC'd ones.
Floating Face of Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
buckeyestar
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I just don't see how there wasn't a large enough complaint base to make dc direct go back and redo the statues or the packaging of the product because obviously it's not sufficient if so many break so easily just traveling in vehicles.

Any of the same problems on the Adam Hughes Wonder Woman vs Serpents statue? I think I'll go look for that one instead and give up on the headache.
I'm actually looking to get rid of my full sized Wonder Woman vs Serpents statue, good shape other than some faded paint in one spot. I also have the entire first series of Women of the DC Universe busts that I'm also looking to unload.
buckeyestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #15
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

back then DC never invested enough in good package engineering
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #16
jollyskeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestar View Post
I'm actually looking to get rid of my full sized Wonder Woman vs Serpents statue, good shape other than some faded paint in one spot. I also have the entire first series of Women of the DC Universe busts that I'm also looking to unload.
you'd definitely have no trouble getting rid of them. The demand for them is there, especially for the serpents piece. Im still looking for a good deal. Shipping and fear of damage usually kills me.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
buckeyestar
Doh!

I wouldn't know what to ask for them, even though I've seen them going for well more than their original price. Don't want to screw myself by asking too little or asking too much and not selling them. I'd probably be happy just to get back what I paid for them.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #18
jollyskeleton

n3bagshotrow has a price guide going for all the pieces that've sold on ebay every month. Might help you by going through it, and figuring out whats the best start price (:
Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #19
buckeyestar
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyskeleton View Post
n3bagshotrow has a price guide going for all the pieces that've sold on ebay every month. Might help you by going through it, and figuring out whats the best start price (:
Thanks, that helps. I suppose I could start with their original MSRP and go from there whenever I get around to posting them on eBay or wherever.

edit: Just one of the full sized Serpent statues going for 210.00 currently, I'd probably be happy getting at least that much.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
risingstar
Jedi Order

Mine has no probs either
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote