Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 07-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Question Artgerm Prints

Has anyone here been collecting Artgerm prints going back a few years? I have a question about the different papers he's used. A couple years ago at SDCC I could have sworn his prints had a pearly finish to them. I bought some from him this year and they were a more standard cardstock paper. Can anyone comment on the differences in the paper he's used over the last few years?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

well i got the artgerm vampirell print from sideshow and it's very thick cardstock with a velvety texture on the print side.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
well i got the artgerm vampirell print from sideshow and it's very thick cardstock with a velvety texture on the print side.
Pretty sure OP is talking about the A3 size prints Artgerm sells at cons not the SS prints.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #4
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Pretty sure OP is talking about the A3 size prints Artgerm sells at cons not the SS prints.
oh i see.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #5
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Has anyone here been collecting Artgerm prints going back a few years? I have a question about the different papers he's used. A couple years ago at SDCC I could have sworn his prints had a pearly finish to them. I bought some from him this year and they were a more standard cardstock paper. Can anyone comment on the differences in the paper he's used over the last few years?
It wouldn't surprise me in the least that Artgerm experimented with at least a couple different paper stocks over the years. I also have an early Artgerm print that has a pearl satin finish, while all of my other prints are more your basic paper. So I know he has used at least 2 different papers over the last few years. Just how many prints were created using that satin finish paper is a mystery. It might've just been a batch or 2 and maybe he decided he didn't like the overall look of that paper so he switched to a more standard paper.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote