Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Star Trek: Beyond

STAR TREK 3 Is Boldly Going With New Writers | Badass Digest
The old writers are also still on-board. And a Star Wars rumor which may not be true, but still an interesting possibility.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

I doubt JJ Abrams is backing out of Star Wars... Far as I know their already shooting.... So I doubt that rumor is true.

All I do know is Bad Robot is becoming a pretty huge production company having both Star Trek and Star Wars franchises..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Karl Urban Wants STAR TREK To Quit Rehashing Old **** | Badass Digest

And I am not buying the rumor of Jon Chu being the director of Star Trek 3, which has started to the make the rounds today.

Star Trek's Bones, Karl Urban, on Why He Would Never Do a Star Wars Movie And Hopes For An Original Story For Star Trek 3 - IGN
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Ugh based on what I thought of the second Joe movie, I hope this is not true
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Babytoxie
Ghost

Amen, Karl!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Rupert Wyatt to Direct STAR TREK 3? Jon M. Chu Unlikely to Direct STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Sequel | Collider
If turned out to be true, Rupert Wyatt definitely sounds more promising.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I don't think they know or want to make a proper Star Trek anymore and frankly most of the public doesn't seem to want it anyways.
Good Sci Fi, good Trek makes you think in new ways. Doesn't mean boring, it means writers that know how to use Trek for what it's potential is.
Yes, I am delusional and dreaming that such a thing could come to pass today from studio mega summer hit FX obsessed rehashers.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I don't think they know or want to make a proper Star Trek anymore and frankly most of the public doesn't seem to want it anyways.
Good Sci Fi, good Trek makes you think in new ways. Doesn't mean boring, it means writers that know how to use Trek for what it's potential is.
Yes, I am delusional and dreaming that such a thing could come to pass today from studio mega summer hit FX obsessed rehashers.
When is the last time a Star Trek film made you "think in new ways"?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #9
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I get where you're coming from but the ST films for the most part have not really gone down that path, and the one time they did (ST: TMP) it didn't produce the greatest of results.

The TV shows have always done the best job of providing thought provoking episodes. The films were more about the adventure side of things, more than anything because they were meant to appeal to a larger and broader audience than the show.

I have no doubt that there could be a ST film that satisfies people seeking both aspects and prove successful, but it just hasn't been made yet. I am afraid that if the the box office doesn't stay strong for the action based films, Paramount will most likely not gamble on a more cerebral ST film.

I think it might be time for a new TV series to go along with the films.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I get where you're coming from but the ST films for the most part have not really gone down that path, and the one time they did (ST: TMP) it didn't produce the greatest of results.

The TV shows have always done the best job of providing thought provoking episodes. The films were more about the adventure side of things, more than anything because they were meant to appeal to a larger and broader audience than the show.

I have no doubt that there could be a ST film that satisfies people seeking both aspects and prove successful, but it just hasn't been made yet. I am afraid that if the the box office doesn't stay strong for the action based films, Paramount will most likely not gamble on a more cerebral ST film.

I think it might be time for a new TV series to go along with the films.
Exactly. The films (aside from TMP) have never exactly been the "thinking man's" sci-fi. If people want to reminisce about the "good old days" of Star Trek and make comparisons, how about if those comparisons were made with the corresponding entertainment medium? Just a thought.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote