Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I hope they change the title up. I'm getting so tired of the numeral movie title game.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I hope they change the title up. I'm getting so tired of the numeral movie title game.
I thought it meant the 2nd thread on Prometheus?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

Only reason this movie made $400 million was because everyone was curious to see how the Aliens came about... After such a huge let down with the first movie, odds are the second movie will bomb big time... I'm not going to be suckered into giving him my money twice.

Only way I will see this is if it gets raving reviews and word of mouth...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #24
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll admit, it is difficult to defend some aspects of the first movie (the mapping guy getting lost and the biologist who at first freaks out and runs away when they discover dead alien life, but then wants to play with a live one ).

However, I still enjoyed Prometheus a lot. I loved the engineers design and the fact that for some time after watching it, I was still pondering a million questions. I'm looking forward to a sequel
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #25
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I'll admit, it is difficult to defend some aspects of the first movie (the mapping guy getting lost and the biologist who at first freaks out and runs away when they discover dead alien life, but then wants to play with a live one ).

However, I still enjoyed Prometheus a lot. I loved the engineers design and the fact that for some time after watching it, I was still pondering a million questions. I'm looking forward to a sequel
Yes...this.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Only reason this movie made $400 million was because everyone was curious to see how the Aliens came about... After such a huge let down with the first movie, odds are the second movie will bomb big time... I'm not going to be suckered into giving him my money twice.

Only way I will see this is if it gets raving reviews and word of mouth...
No need for me to do that. Just borrowed it from the library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post

Me too. The illogical behavior was kind of funny but didn't bother me. lol. The visuals were great too.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #27
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ridley Scott said that the ‘Alien’ xenomorph won’t appear in the film.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #28
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

They could have thrown the thinking viewer a damn bone, say something about some kind of defensive radiation in the area making people behave loopy or something. It was very painful to watch supposed professionals behave like idiots. It's so far from the first crew in ALIEN. yeah they bickered, yeah they were space truckers, but they did their jobs and did their best to not make things worse.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #29
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Where did he say this? I hope it's not true and just marketing bs because that would be one of the biggest mistakes in the franchise. He could have gone off and made another space type movie then and not used any of the Alien mythology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
They could have thrown the thinking viewer a damn bone, say something about some kind of defensive radiation in the area making people behave loopy or something. It was very painful to watch supposed professionals behave like idiots. It's so far from the first crew in ALIEN. yeah they bickered, yeah they were space truckers, but they did their jobs and did their best to not make things worse.
Someone here or elsewhere wrote a good piece on why the two lost crew members were behaving in a stupid way. And it's pretty clear from Weyland's comments when he says "save me at least" or something like that, that the majority of the crew is for the most part expendable. Remember this is the Alien/Aliens universe corporation at work. The Digital Bits reviewer mentioned how the ship would be crewed by the best people, but in this universe it's the people who will do a job for money really.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #30
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
See my comment from the previous page, nearly a year ago. But hey, my last name isn't Scott, so I get the apprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Where did he say this? I hope it's not true and just marketing bs because that would be one of the biggest mistakes in the franchise. He could have gone off and made another space type movie then and not used any of the Alien mythology.
The alien story you're looking for where the "xenomorph" tale has already played out is the "Alien" franchise. This was clearly not named any variation of "Alien", from the very beginning. What's the harm in setting one's scifi movies in the same "universe"?

I've got more disappointing news for you: Blade Runner is also set in this same cinematic universe.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote