Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-20-2016, 03:08 AM   #501
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'd watch the first 2 anytime.
+1, sum ppl got no respect.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #502
dechirico7
The Flash

I love all the x-men movies.
I think they have to have a few dominant characters. Otherwise it might be too hard to have a story/conclusion. The first few movies focused on Wolverine. These newer movies seem to focus on Mystique and Professor X. It would be nice if they changed that from movie to movie. Like most, I am growing old of Jennifer L. It is starting to feel like she is an X-Men and she shouldn't be.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #503
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLOWN KNIGHT View Post
X-actly!

Like I said, show why these characters(all of them/the ones you present in the films) are cool not just only one(or a few).

In X2 when Colossus was there in the ambush at the Mansion X, I thought "here comes Colossus" but when he offers to fight what we got? "are you kidding me bub, it's Wolverine time!"
Absolutely agree about the disregard for Colossus. X2 gave him all of 4 seconds screen time. More in X3, but only in snippets that you had to freeze frame to see. Then he has a more "major" role in DOFP, but only to be squashed, crushed and torn in half! The big Russkie's been a mainstay of the X-Men for years and this is how Hollywood treats him.

The only reason I went to see Deadpool (I loathe anything connected with Rob Liefeld) was to see Colossus done with some real respect. Thankfully I was not disappointed. Best Piotr Nickolovitch yet. And, grudgingly, I enjoyed the movie as well.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #504
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

He was badass until he needed help w that women villain. Angel dust?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #505
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLOWN KNIGHT View Post
X-actly!

Like I said, show why these characters(all of them/the ones you present in the films) are cool not just only one(or a few).

In X2 when Colossus was there in the ambush at the Mansion X, I thought "here comes Colossus" but when he offers to fight what we got? "are you kidding me bub, it's Wolverine time!"
Right on. I remember jumping up in my seat at the theaters when that scene came up. Then, yep, Wolverine time.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #506
iceprince_x
Deadman

With all the bad press and yeah even the review here I finally watched this film and my family and I enjoyed it. There are so many good moments especially with Psylocke and Jean Grey as Phoenix... But hey it's not a perfect film for one...Jubilee is in her 4th appearance on the franchise and no action yet? Of course, characters are not well developed but just fun to see them move around.

6 out of 10.

I do wish Psylocke can either be in the Wolverine movie or Deadpool. Munn is awesome.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #507
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Absolutely agree about the disregard for Colossus. X2 gave him all of 4 seconds screen time. More in X3, but only in snippets that you had to freeze frame to see. Then he has a more "major" role in DOFP, but only to be squashed, crushed and torn in half! The big Russkie's been a mainstay of the X-Men for years and this is how Hollywood treats him.

The only reason I went to see Deadpool (I loathe anything connected with Rob Liefeld) was to see Colossus done with some real respect. Thankfully I was not disappointed. Best Piotr Nickolovitch yet. And, grudgingly, I enjoyed the movie as well.

Completely agree. I've been complaining for years about the treatment of Colossus on screen. He's been treated like a joke in every installment of the X-Men films. I haven't seen Deadpool so I can't comment on his appearance there, but I understand that a fifth rate character kicked him around pretty good in that film too, so it doesn't sound like it got much better for one of the coolest X-Men of all time.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #508
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I wouldn't take the fifth rate character thing too seriously. Yeah, he needed some help to finish her, but the chick was pretty badass. Maybe not a top tier character, but still a heavy hitter.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #509
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Chris Nashawaty via Entertainment Weekly...
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/09...ypse-ew-review

"Apocalypse is a third-tier X-Men movie that arrives at a time when studios and filmmakers who traffic in spandex need to be at the top of their game.

We know all of the clichés and all of the tropes too well at this point to settle for place-holding mediocrity. We know the difference between an instant classic and a dog. Apocalypse isn’t quite a dog. But it is a movie with way too much of everything except the things that should matter the most—novelty, creativity, and fun."
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #510
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Via Comic Book.com...

X-Men is currently the 2nd lowest ranked X-Men film in the franchise on RT.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/...on-rotten-tom/

1.) Days of Future Past = 91%
2.) X-Men: First Class = 87%
3.) X2: X-Men United = 86%
4.) X-Men = 81%
5.) X-Men: The Last Stand = 58%
6.) X-Men: Apocalypse = 52%
7.) Wolverine Origins = 38%
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote