Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 10-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #11
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

PM Sent.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #12
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I was able to pickup most of those. I'm guessing you were close by in the HCG line for the Stouts.

I was also able to pickup both.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Holy hell, man! Looks like you bought everything that dropped! Hell of a score.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #14
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great haul!
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:04 PM   #15
Abe87
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I was able to pickup most of those. I'm guessing you were close by in the HCG line for the Stouts.

I was also able to pickup both.
HCG was my 2nd stop. Bottleneck was first. I'm sure you saw me. I'm 6'5" black and grey beard. Look similar to my avatar picture just less zombiefied.

Not many people were able to get both at the same time. When I first showed up I was told by Adam that I could purchase both. When it was my turn to purchase I was told I could only get 1. Told him that Adam said I could get both. He checked and allowed it. I thought that it was strange that HCG didn't have craft paper and wouldn't roll the Stouts.

Did you make it by the Grey Matter Art booth? I thought they were the best gallery at the show. They went out of there way to take care of me all weekend.

Wish I would have known another poster collector from the forum was going to be there. Would have liked to meet up.
Abe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:18 PM   #16
FROBAY
Phoenix

Nice Haul Abe87
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #17
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe87 View Post
HCG was my 2nd stop. Bottleneck was first. I'm sure you saw me. I'm 6'5" black and grey beard. Look similar to my avatar picture just less zombiefied.

Not many people were able to get both at the same time. When I first showed up I was told by Adam that I could purchase both. When it was my turn to purchase I was told I could only get 1. Told him that Adam said I could get both. He checked and allowed it. I thought that it was strange that HCG didn't have craft paper and wouldn't roll the Stouts.

Did you make it by the Grey Matter Art booth? I thought they were the best gallery at the show. They went out of there way to take care of me all weekend.

Wish I would have known another poster collector from the forum was going to be there. Would have liked to meet up.
GMA was a class-act. I will continue to buy from those guys going forward. Their both was half of what HCG had and they were still able to serve a larger number of folks, craft paper and all.

I was #5 or 6 in line at HCG. I thought it was lazy they didn't bring any craft paper and basically just handed the prints to you unrolled in plastic. They were also slow as hell, seemed to cater to other VIPs (various forum folks, artists, etc) instead of the people that were in line first.

Definitely meet up next year. I'm actually trying to book my hotel now.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #18
Abe87
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

When I came up to the HCG booth and asked about the Stouts I was not told about the line. I don't know how many spots I lost just browsing everything they had to sell.

I liked the art but they needed to be more organized. And if you aren't offering a space for people to roll their posters then you should roll them.

Somehow I made it across the show floor with those Stouts unrolled.

The GMA guys offered to roll them for me.
Abe87 is offline   Reply With Quote