Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-02-2022, 03:45 AM   #111
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man, I kinda regret not getting the PCS Battle Cat. I stuck with He-Man and Skeletor for my collection but I always loved playing with the tiger as a kid.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #112
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Man, I kinda regret not getting the PCS Battle Cat. I stuck with He-Man and Skeletor for my collection but I always loved playing with the tiger as a kid.
Have you watched the Toys that Made Us on Netflix? The way Battlecat even became a thing is kind of a wild story.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:49 PM   #113
SONICobra
Batman

“Put a god damn saddle on it!” Great episode
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #114
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
?Put a god damn saddle on it!? Great episode
Yeah lol. And I'm glad corporate greed led to a great creative inspiration for Filmation. Battle Cat ended up being a great narrative tool for He-Man to voice what was happening each episode. It may seem silly as adults, but for kids watching that cartoon, we needed even the obvious explained to us.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #115
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Have you watched the Toys that Made Us on Netflix? The way Battlecat even became a thing is kind of a wild story.
Not yet. I'm still going through Movies That Made Us
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:02 PM   #116
Igo
Producer
Producer

Welp, glad most people are at least digging how it looks!

In regards to 1:5 scale vs 1:6 scale, Chad and I had a lot of discussions about the pros and cons to both, and we feel TH is mostly known for 1:6 scale, especially with the classic DC lines, so we thought saving 1:5 scale strictly for "Legends" and going back to 1:6 scale for the "Classic" MOTU line was the way to go. It affords us the opportunity to do deluxe pieces like this, that will be expensive regardless, but slightly more affordable than if they were 1:5 scale. While the difference in size between those two scales is marginal with a more standard statue, when it comes to a He-Man on Battle Cat it becomes much more significant. Plus, who doesnt want a He-Man on BC to go with their new Superman!?!

We are doing our best to be sensitive as to not cannibalize sales from the "Legends" line, but as others have said, we think there is a collector base out there that wants a more truly classic take on the MOTU universe. This felt like the best way to open that door, and if it does well, I think most people have guessed who would come next

Price will be what it will be. We do everything in our power to make things as affordable as possible, but end of the day the cost of production has gone up significantly over the last few years, as well as shipping containers, and all that adds up. We still arnt sure on the final price yet, we're in the middle of finishing the prototype, and once the final paint is done, final size is locked in, we can start quoting with our factories and figure out the best place to put this duo.

As a MOTU fan myself, I couldnt be more excited with what we got cooking for 2022. Starting out the year with Mer-Man "Legends" and this He-Man on Battle Cat that will kick start a new "Classic" style line, the other stuff we revealed at Power-Con, and we still got a LOT of other MOTU goodness coming out and planned for the next few years...

Thanks everyone! Hopefully we'll have more to share soon!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #117
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post

In regards to 1:5 scale vs 1:6 scale, Chad and I had a lot of discussions about the pros and cons to both, and we feel TH is mostly known for 1:6 scale, especially with the classic DC lines, so we thought saving 1:5 scale strictly for "Legends" and going back to 1:6 scale for the "Classic" MOTU line was the way to go. It affords us the opportunity to do deluxe pieces like this, that will be expensive regardless, but slightly more affordable than if they were 1:5 scale. While the difference in size between those two scales is marginal with a more standard statue, when it comes to a He-Man on Battle Cat it becomes much more significant. Plus, who doesnt want a He-Man on BC to go with their new Superman!?!

We are doing our best to be sensitive as to not cannibalize sales from the "Legends" line, but as others have said, we think there is a collector base out there that wants a more truly classic take on the MOTU universe. This felt like the best way to open that door, and if it does well, I think most people have guessed who would come next

Price will be what it will be. We do everything in our power to make things as affordable as possible, but end of the day the cost of production has gone up significantly over the last few years, as well as shipping containers, and all that adds up. We still arnt sure on the final price yet, we're in the middle of finishing the prototype, and once the final paint is done, final size is locked in, we can start quoting with our factories and figure out the best place to put this duo.

As a MOTU fan myself, I couldnt be more excited with what we got cooking for 2022. Starting out the year with Mer-Man "Legends" and this He-Man on Battle Cat that will kick start a new "Classic" style line, the other stuff we revealed at Power-Con, and we still got a LOT of other MOTU goodness coming out and planned for the next few years...

Thanks for the information. Always interesting and beneficial to hear from the creators/companies rather than pure speculation.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #118
Dandoc
Birdman

Quote:

All sounds great, can’t wait! Looking forward to these being up for pre-order. Cheers
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #119
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Long story short:

Quote:

Price will be what it will be... will be expensive.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:56 PM   #120
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

I just REALLY hope FOR ONCE that a MOTU statue line continue far enough in the line that it doesnt feel like a big waste of money. PCS screwed over the dedicated fans of that Filmation line by not renewing the license and promising certain charactors for sure and than it didnt happen. The staction line was amazing, but again, got cancelled just when it started to get good, and same with the NECA statues, barely got 6 or 7 and it got cancelled. PLEASE just tell us that you will be able to continue the license when it runs out and renew it so we can finally get all the statues we have wanted for a long time. The quality on the 1:5 line is amazing.

I hope tho that the statues stay at the $475usd mark and that the $575usd for the EX VARIANT of HORDAK was just because it had extra goodies and was a special edition. If every statue that is 1:5 is $575, that will price the line out for me cause even $475usd I thought was alot, but I loved the look so much I started to buy them when I had swore to myself I WAS DONE with MOTU statues. Just dont want the feeling of getting that email that says you can no longer do the line and we fans get the short end again.

It doesnt sound like it, you guys sound like your in it for the long haul, which is nice, but we all know it comes down to money and sales. I hope that SIDESHOW will have access to the Exclusives too, as they just are a bigger company that can get way cheaper shipping. I wish you got the same shipping prices, but you dont, so that is a factor, but I still got the hordak variant as it was only available through Tweeterhead. Keep up the good work and keep those female character's looking sweet and gorgeous like Teela is. Cant wait for the Scorceress!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote