Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #31
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

LOVE IT
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #32
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzair View Post
Here's a side by side comparison I've quickly cooked up in Visio, using the head as a baseline, the distance from the brow to the jaw to be precise. The heads therefore at the same size, and it is immediately obvious how ridiculously smaller the Queen Studio statue (prototype) is:

The hands also are a dead giveaway, on the statue they look oversized compared to the arms and the rest of the body. And it is not a simple matter of shrinking the head and hand size to correct the statue, since in the overall proportions the shoulder area and torso need to be much wider and thicker, and the limbs need to be longer and beefier. The armor around the shoulders is also significantly different with the pauldrons overhanging too much.

This scene is my favorite from Endgame - I always like contemplative poses better than those built around frantic action. It would be a pity if this is finally done in quarter scale polystone but with such massive inaccuracies as to render the collectable of no value since it is supposed to represent movie Thanos and would fail miserably at doing so.
Glad you pointed this out. I agree his proportions must be scaled up and his pose tweaked a bit to help exude his strength and menace.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #33
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

While I like what we have seen, now I can't unsee the lack of size in the shoulders. Hopefully, they beef him up a bit.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #34
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Definitely agree on the size but that portrait is absolutely dead on, it's amazing.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:16 PM   #35
xb24
Sinister Six

This is the Hot Toys version (ctto) which has the same proportions as the Queen Studios so they both must be correct?

xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:53 AM   #36
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

this Thanos statue is expected to cost how much money?

Thank You
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #37
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
this Thanos statue is expected to cost how much money?

Thank You
I don't believe Queen has said, but I could be wrong. You could RSVP for it on Spec Fiction and get notified when a price/order date is available.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:02 PM   #38
pdenham
Teen Titans

I remember seeing Endgame for the first time and watching this scene play out. It instantly felt iconic.

So in control and confident of his superior power that he can calmly chill and watch it all play out. Perfect character-encapsulating moment without any need for dialogue.

Also, being the antithesis of all the bombast and spectacle going on around it, this quiet little moment popped even more due to that contrast.

I thought the Harbottle Thanos on Throne was about as good as it got for this character (granted it's also the comic version), but if I could only choose one, I'd grab this one without too much thought. Shoulders and other proportional quirks notwithstanding, this just oozes...soul.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:26 AM   #39
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS Distribution - Glorious Toys
Rhythm is coming!

Facebook video (showing an alternate smug portrait)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:25 AM   #40
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
𝗣𝗥𝗘-𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗢𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟬
----------------------------------------------------
When Queen Studios debuted the 1:4 Scale Thanos at Wonder Festival earlier this month, we received a lot of feedback and support from fans.
Before we follow up with the final pictures, we'd like to share some information about this incredible statue.
If you are waiting for the P.O, make sure you keep an eye on our Facebook page in the coming days. 😉
𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗡𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
Material: Polystone
Size: 72cm (H) x 56cm (W) x 42cm (D)
Estimated Delivery Date: Quarter 4 2021
𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗬
Mainland China
Hong Kong
Taiwan
South Korea
Europe