Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-24-2020, 08:24 PM   #11
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
That must be a joke, SSC wants $46 CAD or $34 USD to ship this to Canada? Not worth the price and prints resale better than coins.
Damn
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:10 PM   #12
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I could be all over something like this if it were cool, but that Flash coin is ugly. They should leave color off them
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:03 AM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

Well 1 oz of silver is going for $24.37 atm... and they want $90 for the coin, so they're charging you roughly $66 for the art on the coin...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:48 AM   #14
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Well 1 oz of silver is going for $24.37 atm... and they want $90 for the coin, so they're charging you roughly $66 for the art on the coin...
Exactly, doesn't seem cool enough for that. I don't know if you guys have seen what the call "Hobo coins" but if they did something similar to those it might be worth it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
Storm56
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
These are collectibles. The amount of precious metals versus the price keeps this from being an investment. $110 for $28 of silver. And that’s the spot price and what not NZ Mint pays for silver. The value will be based primarily on the collectibility but will not be worth less than the spot price. The few NZ Mint Force Awakens coins I bought will most likely will never been worth the $85 each I paid for them.
Cool thing, but only if you are really a fan, you can buy it as a souvenir, a gift, I think you will agree with me that it is silver, this is just one comforting fact
I wonder if you put such a coin in a beautiful box and design such a coin, how much would you rate it?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd3t1S0Mi1E.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	133813
Storm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:01 AM   #16
chronos1919
Nightwing

Not sure why were comparing the value of these against the value of the materials used. How much would our statues be worth when melted down?

They’re like any other collectible, only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:08 AM   #17
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I have some of these Star Wars coins, the silver posters are very nice. Some of these fetch high prices after a while. The Isle started to make them some years ago.

Here you can find some of them (not all are online anymore):

https://www.nzmint.com/collections/all-coins

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #18
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Got these beauties in!!

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:08 PM   #19
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Those silver foils are awesome!

I've added a few Marvel & DC foils to my collection this year. I got the 1oz EndGame, the 5g 80th Batman and just bought the Justice Leage Batman foil by NZMint. I really love the 2g mini-foil COA's that come with the Crown Mint's offerings.

I love silver & bullion... and collecting lol so I've added to my collection a lot this year.

All of those Star Wars foils are really nice and they have some really nice coins as well. I'm hoping Marvel gets a lot of the same offerings at some point. NZ Mint does an amazing job!

So does The Crown Mint, really happy with everything I got from them as well. I also have Deadshot & Joker from the Perth's Mint Suicide Squad line. They go great sitting on my Prime 1 1/3 scale rendition of them.

You just can't compare these collectibles to silver spot price. There are licensing deals in place to make these things happen and I'm sure companies like Disney & DC are carving out a premium for them.

If you want to stack silver then just buy generic bullion at the cheapest price you can get it for. American Eagles and Maples always hold their value too, but do bring a premium over generic.

These silver coins & foils are a premium collectible for the biggest fans out there. I wish they were cheaper no doubt, but I'm happy to have them as an addition to my collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Those 2oz sculpted ones are pretty cool.

That's the proper word for them! I absolutely love the sculpted coins the most, they're so cool! I'm not into Star Wars like I am Marvel, but there has been some awesome SW sculpted coins out this year.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #20
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Got this with some points I had.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LOTR.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	139812

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote