Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-10-2020, 01:39 AM   #1
Ikki
Doh!

Is this a paint issue worth getting a replacement for? (Figurama)

Hey, question for those of you have been collecting for a while.

I recently got my first statue, Figurama's Meruem/Netero, and while I love it a ton, I noticed that the shading on the purple part of Meruem's head smudges out. It wouldn't be seen from the front or display side, but it's on the head piece of my favorite character so I'm a bit bummed.

I contacted Figurama to see if they could give me a replacement and they told me it was "industry standard" due to hand-painting. That said, I'm not sure if this is just a response meant to get me off their back.

So is this sort of paint issue standard to expect on a $1000+ licensed statue from such a high-end company? Has anyone else had similar paint issues like this? I've heard nothing but great things about Figurama, so I want to make sure I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7955.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	134002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7956 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	134003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 3.09.57 AM.png
Views:	80
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	134004  
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
Gannon
Sailor Moon

My OCD would and is being triggered by that.

Last edited by Gannon; 10-10-2020 at 03:32 AM. Reason: typo
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #3
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

That's sloppy and I would not accept that considering the lines are clean if you google the piece. Also I'm confused why the head is painted all black when it looks more grey/green in all the display pictures. Thanks for bringing this up. They just acquired the Castlevania license and I'll be ticked if they drop the ball on QC too.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
That's sloppy and I would not accept that considering the lines are clean if you google the piece. Also I'm confused why the head is painted all black when it looks more grey/green in all the display pictures. Thanks for bringing this up. They just acquired the Castlevania license and I'll be ticked if they drop the ball on QC too.
In fairness to Figurama, the green is actually pretty prominent in person. My lighting set-up isn't the best and in order to get the paint flaw to show up clearly in a picture, I had to use lower lighting to avoid glare. That makes the green coloring of the helmet look much darker than it actually is. The statue is gorgeous in person and would be perfect, imo, if not for this one paint issue (albeit on a very important piece).
Old 10-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #5
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
In fairness to Figurama, the green is actually pretty prominent in person. My lighting set-up isn't the best and in order to get the paint flaw to show up clearly in a picture, I had to use lower lighting to avoid glare. That makes the green coloring of the helmet look much darker than it actually is. The statue is gorgeous in person and would be perfect, imo, if not for this one paint issue (albeit on a very important piece).
Thanks for clearing that up. I was doing double takes looking at your pictures and the ones on google. Still looks really sloppy to me though like someone bumped into the painter. My HMO black Zero has something like that. They etched the lines into his helmet then painted black lines over them. Looks like someone bumped the table and there's two etched lines on top of one another.

Are there any options open to you or are they ultimately telling you to live with it?
Old 10-10-2020, 04:28 PM   #6
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Considering how much you paid that is very unprofessional of a company. If they don’t make it right on such an easy one to take care of I wouldn’t buy anything from them again. That is a very noticeable spot that qc should have caught. Mistakes happen , just make it right.

I just had a $200 statue from pcs that had a similar issue and I got a new head from them ASAP. That’s the way a good company deals with issues. Since it’s just the head that should be a no-brainer for them. If it was main part of body or head came attached I could see it more but just the head? Just send one out.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
Ikki
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. I was doing double takes looking at your pictures and the ones on google. Still looks really sloppy to me though like someone bumped into the painter. My HMO black Zero has something like that. They etched the lines into his helmet then painted black lines over them. Looks like someone bumped the table and there's two etched lines on top of one another.

Are there any options open to you or are they ultimately telling you to live with it?
I heard back from Figurama today and they offered to repaint it for me and "make it perfect" under the supervision of their experts. They also said they would cover the shipping costs. They told me that they paint the head and body together, so this would ensure the skin color would still match perfectly, as opposed to sending out a new head which might have slight skin color variation. This sounds like a really good solution to me, so I just need to make sure I pack the head very securely. I'll update again when I get it back.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #8
eternalblue02

That’s a great compromise. Definitely fill us in when it’s all taken care of.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:26 PM   #9
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Can’t complain about that. Stuff happens and they are trying to make it right.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote