Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #61
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Because you provided 1 reason. I am fully aware there are several issues happening. If you felt there were other equally relevant reasons for deciding it must be P1 at fault and not SS then it might have been prudent to mention them when you responded. If it makes you feel better the amount of Prime 1 issues you could have possibly listed still would not have come close to number of times SS has failed to provide a satisfactory response to their customers.
If this was constricted to solely an SS issue it would be easy to spot. And all the information on multiple groups/forums would lead to that. But clearly it isn't. Hence raging against SS in favoritism of Prime 1 is pointless and quite to the detriment of effected customers.

Most of this can be resolved by prime 1 making a statement on the matter directly.. which is the crutch to the entire issue.

As it stands new stuff pops up daily on this issue ... now it's at whether or not SS pre orders will ever get fulfilled or just remain pending cancellations.. which leaves people SOL
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #62
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSlayer View Post
If this was constricted to solely an SS issue it would be easy to spot. And all the information on multiple groups/forums would lead to that. But clearly it isn't. Hence raging against SS in favoritism of Prime 1 is pointless and quite to the detriment of effected customers.

Most of this can be resolved by prime 1 making a statement on the matter directly.. which is the crutch to the entire issue.

As it stands new stuff pops up daily on this issue ... now it's at whether or not SS pre orders will ever get fulfilled or just remain pending cancellations.. which leaves people SOL
And I thought I was out...

No one is raging solely against Sideshow with regards to this issue, at least not in this forum. Most of us are taking the position that we don’t really know what is totally going on. Sure the slow replacement part issue has always been a Prime 1 issue, no one is disputing that.

It’s only you who is squarely putting the blame solely on one party, that being Prime 1. And you could very well be right, but we don’t know anything for sure right now. That’s the issue. And just as Prime 1 could put out a statement, so could Sideshow. Sideshow who is the main point of contact for most of us, given that we are their customers, we have placed our preorders with them, and not Prime 1. Their obligations are to us. And Prime 1’s obligation is to Sideshow (this of course is debatable, as I’m not well versed in contract law). For all we know this is all just contract negotiations which have got way out of hand, which is maybe why neither party has issued a statement. But then again Sideshow doesn’t really issue statements for things that aren’t related to their pieces.

At the moment I’m not sure who’s image is getting damaged more. Around here probably Prime 1, but news of the cheaper shipping method has probably propped things up a bit in their favour. At least for now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #63
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190420-153807_Facebook.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	122776  
Old 04-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #64
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And I thought I was out...

No one is raging solely against Sideshow with regards to this issue, at least not in this forum. Most of us are taking the position that we don’t really know what is totally going on. Sure the slow replacement part issue has always been a Prime 1 issue, no one is disputing that.

It’s only you who is squarely putting the blame solely on one party, that being Prime 1. And you could very well be right, but we don’t know anything for sure right now. That’s the issue. And just as Prime 1 could put out a statement, [B]so could Sideshow. Sideshow who is the main point of contact for most of us, given that we are their customers, we have placed our preorders with them, and not Prime 1[/B. Their obligations are to us. And Prime 1’s obligation is to Sideshow (this of course is debatable, as I’m not well versed in contract law). For all we know this is all just contract negotiations which have got way out of hand, which is maybe why neither party has issued a statement. But then again Sideshow doesn’t really issue statements for things that aren’t related to their pieces.

At the moment I’m not sure who’s image is getting damaged more. Around here probably Prime 1, but news of the cheaper shipping method has probably propped things up a bit in their favour. At least for now.
If sideshow had positive news for their customers def would be advantageous for then to do so. However if what all the complaints are leading to is true, sideshow is not going to make a statement throwing prime 1 under the bus, that is bad business ethic. I have no doubt sideshow is taking the brunt of the loss with people to timid to keep their PO's with them.

To add your prime 1 customer whether you like it or not. SS has no authority to replicate their product to satisfy customers. Complaining to SS about stuff that prime 1 is refusing to help with on SS end is like yelling at a brick wall. Prime 1 ultimately decides whether your issue gets resolved.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #65
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ That right there is what I wage war against on this forum.

Sideshow or any other company does not "owe" a customer a satisfactory statue just because they placed an order. They either owe you a statue OR your money back and that is at their discretion.

Yes, I've missed out on statues because what I got from SS wasn't good and they wouldn't replace it. I learned fast just how good I had it and to stop whining.

This is all just an example as to how spoiled U.S. consumers are. A company with absolutely stellar customer service and policies and one of the most courteous and customer focused constantly maligned by a bunch of cry babies that want their toys.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #66
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

^ That right there is what I wage war against on this forum.

Sideshow or any other company does not "owe" a customer a satisfactory statue just because they placed an order. They either owe you a statue OR your money back and that is at their discretion.

Yes, I've missed out on statues because what I got from SS wasn't good and they wouldn't replace it. I learned fast just how good I had it and to stop whining.

This is all just an example as to how spoiled U.S. consumers are. A company with absolutely stellar customer service and policies and one of the most courteous and customer focused constantly maligned by a bunch of cry babies that want their toys.
Unfortunately, it's never that simple.....

IMHO, you're being a bit too harsh on the buyer. This buyer placed their hard earned cash with Sideshow in an unwritten contract of trust. He could have used other sources to get the statue, but went with Sideshow.

Now, after receiving a sub standard product, AND having to wait for a response....remember, these statues aren't cheap, he's told that yes, he can get a full refund, but is unlikely to get the product he wanted.....after all this time.

By the way, I completely disagree with your point regarding Sideshow not owing the customer a satisfactory product.....this is EXACTLY what they owe when they accept the consumers money. Would ANYONE buy from a supplier who stated, from the start, that they wouldn't guarantee you a good product?!?! You must be a sellers dream customer. People are buying these things to get a good quality product.....not their money back......or you wouldn't bother spending the cash in the first place.

This is a betrayal of trust, and while it may sound like "cry baby clown"...it's the price businesses must pay when they fail to deliver against that trust.

After all the buyer had been through, and in the end, he walks away empty handed!!! Doesn't he have a right to be upset?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #67
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSlayer View Post
I mean, they kinda told you the option there but you refused to proceed? I was probably the first to report catwoman statue issues to SS in March and the advice then was to ask for full refund plus order another statue if I wanted her guaranteed. So luckily they had one available for order while I complied with their instructions for a full refund. Judging from your message you got, you were on the tail end of the process so others got ahead of you for the replacements. Now your only option is to blowup the statue for a refund. You want another piece then you gotta go through P1 or Yahoo Japan Auctions. AmiAmi might sell it too but they don’t like to do business with P1 for rapidly obvious reasons related to cold cast stuff breaking.
Jiggatron69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:58 PM   #68
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmecoffee View Post
I think it's the end of Sideshow. I just requested a full refund for my damaged Batman Hush and will now work directly with Prime1.

Honestly there is a clear breakdown between Sideshow and Prime1 and really this is hurting all customers. I don't want to have to juggle who's doing what to get me a replacement or handle QC issues. I rather deal with Prime1 directly rather then Sideshow, whom I feel Prime1 isn't responding too as quickly.

This is a total mess and both companies are not handling it correctly. 👍 I'm going to cancel my Joker now and buy directly from Prime1 so now I get the Scarface. The shipping deal is a big game changer. 👏...but disappointed how this all unraveled, but the writing was on the wall last year with the us website launch
Yeah it was just a matter of time. No way can GREEDSHOW compete with Prime 1s quality. For GREEDSHOW its better for them. How can they have another company flooding their website with great pieces, good prices, and much bigger heavier pieces.

It's like why would the ugly chick keep going out with the the hot chick. The hot chick is going to keep getting all the attention.
Plus with GREEDSHOWs program to keep pushing prices while Prime 1 has a program based on slight increases to build their business just creates too much of an issue.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #69
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Unfortunately, it's never that simple.....

IMHO, you're being a bit too harsh on the buyer. This buyer placed their hard earned cash with Sideshow in an unwritten contract of trust. He could have used other sources to get the statue, but went with Sideshow.

Now, after receiving a sub standard product, AND having to wait for a response....remember, these statues aren't cheap, he's told that yes, he can get a full refund, but is unlikely to get the product he wanted.....after all this time.

By the way, I completely disagree with your point regarding Sideshow not owing the customer a satisfactory product.....this is EXACTLY what they owe when they accept the consumers money. Would ANYONE buy from a supplier who stated, from the start, that they wouldn't guarantee you a good product?!?! You must be a sellers dream customer. People are buying these things to get a good quality product.....not their money back......or you wouldn't bother spending the cash in the first place.

This is a betrayal of trust, and while it may sound like "cry baby clown"...it's the price businesses must pay when they fail to deliver against that trust.

After all the buyer had been through, and in the end, he walks away empty handed!!! Doesn't he have a right to be upset?
I agree wholeheartedly with this post. So what it's 'stellar' customer service for a company just to refund you if they supply a faulty item? Isn't that just the most basic action for a company - from a business, legal and moral standpoint? And we are supposed to, what, count ourselves lucky that they even do this and stop whining about it lol?

Of course people have the right to be upset if they invest a lot of money, not just in individual products but a series of products - building their collection gradually only to have it derailed by what amounts to incompetence, greed and a lack of consideration for customers. If you book a holiday and take 2 weeks off your work, make plans with family etc then arrive at the airport to be told the flight and holiday is cancelled but they'll refund you then you might have the temerity to be slightly annoyed. Well done to anyone who just shrugs and thinks 'well I suppose I better not whine about it because I got my money back'.

Sideshow not only have a duty to provide the product itself, but tbh with you they have a duty to do their upmost to make the hobby as a whole an enjoyable, as free of frustration and disappointment as possible. If they can't do that or don't want to do that then they should give up the exclusive rights they hold to some licences and let other companies have a shot.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:56 PM   #70
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I feel bad for the people who are getting subpar P1 products from Sideshow right because it really seems like BOTH Sideshow and P1 are being very unprofessional about the whole thing. You can have your business differences, I mean whatever. Those things happen and sometimes business partnerships end. But for your paying customers to clearly be tossed to the side like they have been recently.....just not good. I don't care what kind of butthurt is going on between the 2 at this point they're both just not providing the kind of service/explanations that they should be to their paying customers.

I guess all I can hope for personally is that 1) The Hush Batman I'm getting next week doesn't have any problems, and 2) The only other P1 piece I have on order from Sideshow (Master Race Batman) ends up going smoothly. At this point I'm almost expecting Sideshow to email me eventually and tell me that order is getting cancelled.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote