Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #921
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

@VS1976

i saw that you have a blue batgirl bishoujo. I have it too, it's mint in sealed box but when it arrived last november - it seems the gold color melted or something. I have to wipe it off but the gold color sticks to the tissue, and even until now, if I touch the gold color - part of the gold color eventually gets removed, the overall gold color seems faded now but not that bad but still an issue.

I've tried browsing over several threads here in statueforum and found out that some of the blue batgirl bishoujo is having this issue also. Probably factory defect that it gets worst over time? as far as i know blue batgirl was release around 2010.

Can you check yours? Is the gold paint color perfect? No issues or whatsoever?
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:25 AM   #922
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmist24 View Post
@VS1976

i saw that you have a blue batgirl bishoujo. I have it too, it's mint in sealed box but when it arrived last november - it seems the gold color melted or something. I have to wipe it off but the gold color sticks to the tissue, and even until now, if I touch the gold color - part of the gold color eventually gets removed, the overall gold color seems faded now but not that bad but still an issue.

I've tried browsing over several threads here in statueforum and found out that some of the blue batgirl bishoujo is having this issue also. Probably factory defect that it gets worst over time? as far as i know blue batgirl was release around 2010.

Can you check yours? Is the gold paint color perfect? No issues or whatsoever?
Mine has no issues. It's possibly you had your stored in some heat source which causes the paint issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthos View Post
Damn fine collection, I always enjoy looking at your new additions!
Thanks Anthos.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #923
dmist24

@VS1976

yeah, looks really weird, probably it was stored badly, but 2 sellers along with other owners here in the forum are having same issue. The thing is - only the gold paint does have it, the blue, grey looks fine.

Lucky, that you don't have any problems with it. thanks!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #924
dechirico7
The Flash

The faulty gold paint on the blue/silver Batgirl bishoujo is a common issue. It has happened to other collectors. I think it was a production issue. I don't live in a warm environment and it happened to mine.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #925
dmist24

@dechirico7

yeah, thanks for confirming that. It's really sad to get a rare statue only to have a production issue. My only problem now is the dust that it sometimes accumulate, I have no choice but to wipe it off, and each time I wipe, a bit of the gold color is removed, overall the statue still looks fine, but everytime you see a gold color removed, it hurts me so much.. haha..