Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-28-2022, 08:19 PM   #111
DSTZach
Distributor

The material and additional shipping weight is expensive, for sure, but not as much as tooling a giant head of hair for injection molding. The cost of cutting a giant steel tool just to make the hair would definitely increase the price. Usually we only cut steel for items we are selling many thousands of, not 1000.

Rooted hair might actually be cheaper, but god only knows what it would look like.

I think women are possible, but they will not be as prevalent as the male characters.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:34 PM   #112
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I think women are possible, but they will not be as prevalent as the male characters.
Shuri as Black Panther
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:32 PM   #113
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
More to come. Should be another comic L3D soon. Not sure about any women, but hopefully in the future. All that hair is expensive. Maybe Mohawk Storm?
OMG yes yes yes!
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:55 PM   #114
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
More to come. Should be another comic L3D soon. Not sure about any women, but hopefully in the future. All that hair is expensive. Maybe Mohawk Storm?
Awesome news! Thanks

And YES Mohawk Storm absolutely! As long as it’s the classic Punk version.

If it’s the Marvel Now costume it’s a pass for me.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:50 PM   #115
iceprince_x
Deadman

I want a Phoenix bust with flaming hair like that of Rachel Summers if possible
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9A98DB50-CAE1-42B2-BF12-CAAAF3B6AB6D.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	152380  
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:22 AM   #116
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING: Image(s)

4th square up from the bridge of the nose.
Is there a line of dots missing?
Yeah there are multiple lines with no dots, that’s how mine is, and if you look around the stock photo there are lines like that without dots throughout the entire piece. Between the eyes, higher on the head, chest, shoulders, etc. Mine looks exactly like the photo.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #117
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Quote:
The material and additional shipping weight is expensive, for sure, but not as much as tooling a giant head of hair for injection molding. The cost of cutting a giant steel tool just to make the hair would definitely increase the price. Usually we only cut steel for items we are selling many thousands of, not 1000.

Rooted hair might actually be cheaper, but god only knows what it would look like.

Totally understandable and thanks for explaining the process. I'm probably not in the minority and I would pay for the X-Ladies - especially my fave Storm!! I'd love a Storm with her full head of hair or her mohawk just as long as I could have one. I always thought that Art Adams and Mark Brooks draw nice, modern version of her punk look.

Also, I agree with you that rooted hair could go very bad very quickly. Plus the upkeep of having to brush and style it is ridiculous IMO.

My only real request for Storm is that she NOT be in the silver Jim Lee suit. PLEASE NO. One of the classic black or her off-the-shoulder please. Also, if you did do a Storm would it be easy to do "variants"? Like keep reusing the hair mold but change the suit she's in? So you could do a classic black, the Lee silver, the off-the-shoulder? Just trying to think of a way this may be profitable for you to do lady statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Awesome news! Thanks

And YES Mohawk Storm absolutely! As long as it?s the classic Punk version.
Stop hating on her more recent long mohawk. I loved it and with so many haters I'm never gonna see it in 3D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Art Adams Storm.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	641.9 KB
ID:	152463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark Brooks Storm.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	152464  
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:41 AM   #118
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Stop hating on her more recent long mohawk. I loved it and with so many haters I'm never gonna see it in 3D
Lol. I love our shared love for Storm but it’s funny that’s one of the 2 things we disagree on, that costume.

The weird X design, the butt cape, it just doesn’t work for me. Visually I never liked it, for sure my least favorite costume of hers.

And even more than that it’s what the costume represents for her character. She wore this right after or as Marvel took everything good from her and she became a full time supporting and backup character. Removed from being a queen. And despite popular belief from those who just don’t like T’Challa, they were mostly written with a positive, loving marriage, no better or worse than Reed and Sue. Removed from being a dual Avenger and X-Man, although other characters have done it, and most of the Avengers are in multiple books on a normal basis, but the same rules didn’t apply to Storm. A weird relationship with Wolverine that half of the writers rightfully didn’t embrace, particularly Bendis who didn’t acknowledge it and Hickman who had other plans for her in New Avengers that were rejected (likely because they involved T’Challa). No good stories for years (but it was a not so great time for X-Men in general, save for a few bright spots). The Krakoan era has its ups and downs but the great thing to come out of it is the respect they’ve finally given to Storm, overdue Justice is being served. I owe it to Hickman since he clearly likes the character, followed by Al Ewing.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:48 PM   #119
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

NO rooted hair though. Only sculpted please!
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:28 PM   #120
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
NO rooted hair though. Only sculpted please!
That. 100% that.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote