Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-03-2022, 09:26 PM   #141
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
One of my favorites too! I lugged the base to a local convention in 2013 and got the base signed by Stan Lee.
Fantastic!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:27 PM   #142
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Thanks! I've been wanting this one for a while. I actually got an ES as well. 005/650!

Hope you get him back one day. I think this would be the last Spidey I'd sell.

Definitely, the way he's holding onto that wall is such an iconic Spidey power.

For me, it's the front and back side that tell the story.
On the front, you've got the art deco gargoyle design that you see on the Chrysler building. The wall itself looks like an iconic New York Brownstone building.

On the back, you've got the inside of a NY apt with Spidey viewable through the window.

Basically, Spidey is in your neighborhood and things are going to be ok!
Huh, didn't even notice the backside. That's pretty cool now that you pointed it out!
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #143
FJC
Midnighter

My favorite Spidey statue. Had the top of the eagle head signed by Stan Lee years ago. It's definitely one of my most prized statues.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:19 AM   #144
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Nothing beats an OG. After years of collecting and seeing the numerous Spiderman pieces come and go, Licensed and custom alike, this one is still the best!

I never had this in my collection before, but I've seen it in person many times.

This is statue perfection, as far as I've seen it in this hobby; the most iconic version of the character with an iconic base that tells a story.

Man, I still own this sculpt, but your great pics and beautiful backdrop wall colour make it look even better! Maybe it's time I give the walls a paint-over, as your "framing" is very cool.

This sculpt is Spiderman. A true Sideshow/Canale classic, with yes, some of the best lines/form on any statue I own! Balanced, iconic, wonderful pose with beautiful anatomy, a great base, this sculpt has it all,...................almost.

Though almost perfect, and the portrait is iconic, and true to classic comic portrayals/depictions, I always felt that the slight indication of nose and ears would have put this over the very top. Would have matched the beautiful realism of the anatomy more seamlessly, as I dig that "real" feel in sculptural form.

Again, as is? A monster Canale masterpiece! Enjoy.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:19 AM   #145
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Man, I still own this sculpt, but your great pics and beautiful backdrop wall colour make it look even better! Maybe it's time I give the walls a paint-over, as your "framing" is very cool.

This sculpt is Spiderman. A true Sideshow/Canale classic, with yes, some of the best lines/form on any statue I own! Balanced, iconic, wonderful pose with beautiful anatomy, a great base, this sculpt has it all,...................almost.

Though almost perfect, and the portrait is iconic, and true to classic comic portrayals/depictions, I always felt that the slight indication of nose and ears would have put this over the very top. Would have matched the beautiful realism of the anatomy more seamlessly, as I dig that "real" feel in sculptural form.

Again, as is? A monster Canale masterpiece! Enjoy.
Thanks for the comment! I completely agree with you. The issues with the portrait is what held me back for a while.

However, the pose, the 3/4 view even the fingers on the wall, are quintessential Spidey!

Out of every 1/4 scale Spidey I've seen, none have done it better!
Old 08-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #146
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Man, I wish I owned this piece. It’s the perfect Spidey statue. This was released before I got into collecting statues though.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #147
SONICobra
Batman

Congrats brother, I agree with everyone here it’s a beautiful piece and a perfect representation of spidey. One statue that will never leave my collection
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #148
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Congrats Gary. This is definitely in the top 2 Spider-Man statues for me. The other being the explosion base one.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:41 PM   #149
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Thanks guys! So happy I had an opportunity to grab this one!
Old 08-11-2022, 10:43 PM   #150
Nerdy Black Guy
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really miss this piece. I wish I never sold it. Huge regret.
Nerdy Black Guy is offline   Reply With Quote