Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-05-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
Markhatestoys
Justice League

For Those Who Have Been Collecting Tweeterhead...

So I've just started my statue collection and Tweeterhead is my favorite company. I've tracked down Super Powers Catwoman and Batgirl, I picked up the 1/4 scale Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, I have 2021 Harley and green-variant Ivy on pre-order, and I've also pre-ordered the 1/4 scale Harley so I can display both portraits. Although I want to focus on females I'm considering breaking that rule for a 1/6 scale Batman rogues gallery, so my question, for those who know and collect Tweeterhead and maybe know something about their preferences and their plans, is: how likely do you think it is that they will eventually give us any of the following?

Penguin
Two-Face
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Clayface
Man-Bat
Azrael
Batman Who Laughs
Nightmare Batmen (Red Death, Dawnbreaker, etc.)

That Scarecrow they just put up for pre-order is seriously tempting me, and with Batman rogues, I think the more I get, the better they'll all look!
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:59 PM   #2
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If this line keeps going for a while I would say Penguin, Two-Face, and Freeze have a very good chance...I'd expect to see the main Batman villains. Mad Hatter, Clayface, and Azrael have less of a chance, but hopefully they go that deep. Batman Who Laughs is popular, but not sure how much interest Chad has in producing him. I wouldn't expect the Nightmare Batmen, but Batman does sell so I wouldn't rule them out.
Philintheblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #3
SDguy

Maybe add to Igo's thread:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=171687
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #4
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Lots of great choices, so congrats on your pickups so far.

The Batman Statue Collector has been dropping hints/clues for a while now about TH providing at least the classic Rogue characters in the near future.

Knowing Chad's tastes, I doubt Batman Who Laughs or the other Nightmare Batmen will be produced. That said, Igo is fond of monster designs so those could be up his alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I agree with this suggestion.

I would also suggest that you post your top 10 most wanted DC characters and pictures of your design/version preferences in this thread as well: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=169999
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:03 PM   #5
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Sure seems like the 90s are the closest thing were going to get to "modern". Which I'm totally good with, but I don't see any of the Metal stuff fitting in with the 2.0 stuff.

I asked about Punchline and the response was that staying power was a concern. Very valid.

Things look good for Freeze, Two Face, and Penguin, but who knows how long it will take to get to them and how long the line will go on for.

Baby steps. Let's see what villain comes next after Joker, Harley, and Scarecrow. And how long a Nightwing takes...
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:38 PM   #6
Frankierock
Omega Red

I for one still want A Knightfall Batman. I put it up on Dave’s page as well. This with a new Bane…take my money!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82ED527E-BD88-465E-9799-DF75F80BDDD9.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	152587  
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #7
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

The Batman Statue Collector has been dropping hints/clues for a while now about TH providing at least the classic Rogue characters in the near future.

Knowing Chad's tastes, I doubt Batman Who Laughs or the other Nightmare Batmen will be produced. That said, Igo is fond of monster designs so those could be up his alley.

I agree with this suggestion.

I would also suggest that you post your top 10 most wanted DC characters and pictures of your design/version preferences in this thread as well: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=169999
This is a great idea and I'll definitely be doing it. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2022, 08:57 PM   #8
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Looking at the complete Justice League they're putting together, I think Tweeterhead understands that most collectors want complete "sets" of characters. A less popular character can sell well if they're an integral part of a group and the fans know that Tweeterhead is committed to producing the whole group. More companies need to learn this lesson. This bodes well for Batman rogues, as Tweeterhead has already given us a bunch, and the more Rogues Tweeterhead produces, the stronger the overall Rogues set becomes. This gives me high hopes for Penguin, Two-face and Freeze at least (and maybe Man-Bat? He's definitely part of the era that Tweeterhead seems to gravitate to.)

I wonder where they stand on Kate Kane Batwoman? Yes, she's modern, and they factor staying power into their decision making, but she's been around for a decade, she's popular and she's had a TV show. And her character design is amazing. What a great statue she'd make...
Old 08-05-2022, 09:06 PM   #9
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Sure seems like the 90s are the closest thing were going to get to "modern". Which I'm totally good with, but I don't see any of the Metal stuff fitting in with the 2.0 stuff.

I asked about Punchline and the response was that staying power was a concern. Very valid.

Things look good for Freeze, Two Face, and Penguin, but who knows how long it will take to get to them and how long the line will go on for.

Baby steps. Let's see what villain comes next after Joker, Harley, and Scarecrow. And how long a Nightwing takes...
I don't particularly need the Metal stuff, and I would definitely prioritize the classic Rogues. But I do think that Tweeterhead could make a hell of a set of the Metal characters and it would sell gangbusters. Those characters have great designs, but I don't like them enough to spend 1/4 scale money on them. A nice 1/6 scale set of them would be perfect though.

I'm glad Punchline doesn't seem to be in their plans. A wasted slot in my opinion. Too self-consciously edgy. Skip her, and skip Joker's Daughter too.

Here's an out-of-left-field-no-chance-at-all blast from the past: The Wrath. I dare Tweeterhead to make him. I double dare them. That Batman Special was an awesome story.