Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #551
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

Per the newsletter2.8 my email reply was a flat out lie. No more trust. Seeing is believing.
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:40 PM   #552
Mister H
Gen 13

Black Adam will be there in early September so I’m guessing we’ll see ours in late September or early October?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:24 PM   #553
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Black Adam will be there in early September so I?m guessing we?ll see ours in late September or early October?
Probably October? Don't know long it's taken recently.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:40 PM   #554
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Black Adam will be there in early September so I?m guessing we?ll see ours in late September or early October?
It says 'finishing' up production and on the way 1st week of sept.

I'd take that to mean it 'might' ship to them early Sep and take 1-2 months for it to arrive at the port and sit there for who knows how long and then however long it takes to ship out from TH and for UPS/etc to get it your house.

I would plan on being ecstatic if it arrives end of October, happy if arrives in November, okay about it not getting there until December, leave room for more shipping/dock delays so not getting it until January.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #555
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post

I'd take that to mean it 'might' ship to them early Sep and take 1-2 months for it to arrive at the port and sit there for who knows how long and then however long it takes to ship out from TH and for UPS/etc to get it your house.

I would plan on being ecstatic if it arrives end of October, happy if arrives in November, okay about it not getting there until December, leave room for more shipping/dock delays so not getting it until January.
Lol I was trying to be optimistic, but this looks reasonable
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:35 PM   #556
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Lol I was trying to be optimistic, but this looks reasonable
??..yyyep. Fraid you?re right.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:52 AM   #557
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I'm on the fence about picking up Black Adam. The statue itself is great. But I don't like the Captain Marvel, and I can't have a Black Adam in the collection without a Captain Marvel. And it's not like I can just wait for another company to give me a 1/6 Captain Marvel, because Tweeterhead is the only company that would even attempt something traditional in the CC Beck style I want. (I have zero interest in the XM statue.)

On top of this people have had their money tied up in Black Adam for years and it has been continually delayed, and I'd rather spend my hard-earned sheckels on statues that have firm release dates.

So if you're reading this Tweeterhead, please give us a Captain Marvel 2.0! And dump the Alex Ross portrait.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #558
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
I'm on the fence about picking up Black Adam. The statue itself is great. But I don't like the Captain Marvel, and I can't have a Black Adam in the collection without a Captain Marvel. And it's not like I can just wait for another company to give me a 1/6 Captain Marvel, because Tweeterhead is the only company that would even attempt something traditional in the CC Beck style I want. (I have zero interest in the XM statue.)

On top of this people have had their money tied up in Black Adam for years and it has been continually delayed, and I'd rather spend my hard-earned sheckels on statues that have firm release dates.

So if you're reading this Tweeterhead, please give us a Captain Marvel 2.0! And dump the Alex Ross portrait.
I totally get that. I passed on Cap and was going to pass on Black Adam based on the 1.0 look. Once 2.0 showed up, instant preorder. I?m either going to display him with my XM Hawkman for a JSA display or in an all villain display. Not sure yet.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:57 PM   #559
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

If I bought villains I would purchase Black Adam. I was on the fence when about Capt Marvel but bought it and loved it and did not regret it. (Even though I do not but villains I still am tempted by The Cheetah and Poison Ivy)

I wonder if the only reason that Shazam was not put off until the 2.0 is because it was too far along?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 06:05 PM   #560
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

The Captain Marvel is by far my least favorite Tweeterhead piece. I bought it for representation (and when I thought the Super Powers line would continue), but I just never cared for it. The portrait and more specifically body proportions are just "off" -and 100% an Alex Ross ripoff. I did order the Black Adam when they changed the portrait, but I'd still like to have the perfect Captain Marvel...and a classic-looking Mary and Cap Jr.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote