Old 08-06-2022, 01:27 PM   #721
French Cancan
Deadman

Here is a stolen photo of a new section that has just been created at JND

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:15 PM   #722
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Ha, they apparently need that new section. If these breakages are truly widespread, what a mess.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:25 PM   #723
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

As rubbish as this situation is, I'm quite sympathetic to ALL statue manufacturers with regards to breakage.

At the end of the day these statues are delicate products. And I've seen first hand how these Trolls (a.k.a Delivery Drivers) mistreat people's property in transit....they just don't care!! I would not even be surprised if certain of these Neanderthals mistreat the packages on purpose - knowing full well that regardless of the delivery condition, their jobs are safe.

There's no amount of packaging that can truly stand up to this kind of abuse.

In my opinion, these delivery breakages are less of a reflection on JND's product Enginnering - and completely a reflection on the poor discipline and integrity of the shipping / delivery company.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:19 AM   #724
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
As rubbish as this situation is, I'm quite sympathetic to ALL statue manufacturers with regards to breakage.

At the end of the day these statues are delicate products. And I've seen first hand how these Trolls (a.k.a Delivery Drivers) mistreat people's property in transit....they just don't care!! I would not even be surprised if certain of these Neanderthals mistreat the packages on purpose - knowing full well that regardless of the delivery condition, their jobs are safe.

There's no amount of packaging that can truly stand up to this kind of abuse.

In my opinion, these delivery breakages are less of a reflection on JND's product Enginnering - and completely a reflection on the poor discipline and integrity of the shipping / delivery company.
Judging by those photos, it looks like the head had no real support. I think the manufacturer shares some blame.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:31 AM   #725
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
Judging by those photos, it looks like the head had no real support. I think the manufacturer shares some blame.
100% JND issue on this. Anne's head have no support at all. Any bump on the box will snap the head off. Surprised most of them survived.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:37 AM   #726
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
You might be correct.

Judging by the "break" - it looks like the adhesive compound used at the neck junction has failed.

I say this because the break point looks too clean!

The adhesive compound might have been poor at point of application, or it might have degraded due to environmental conditions post assembly and during transit.

If this is the case, then - even the slightest handling might be enough to cause a failure of the neck joint. And more importantly, you're right (IMHO) this would be a failure on the part of JND.

What I will say is, I've seen at least two of these pieces in the flesh.....and the headsculpt is solidly in place.....also suggesting that this might be a adhesive issue impacting part of the batch, but not all.....

No matter how you slice it - this is not going to look good for JND.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:19 AM   #727
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

No matter how you slice it - this is not going to look good for JND.[/QUOTE]

My concern is that this isn?t the first statue to have reported issues.

Wonder Woman had several statues with paint issues on the right hand

Ledger Joker had several statues with loose or broken legs which could did relate to a compound/glue issue

Selina has had several statues with broken necks

They need to improve their overall QC and packaging to meet their Premium Brand statements
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:28 AM   #728
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I agree - but.....there's always a but.....we should keep in mind that this is a new company. They're succeeding in bringing us products which match or exceed the prototype, and they (so far) are the only company meeting or improving their delivery deadlines!!

All the other mainstream manufacturers are (on average) delivering poor quality (in comparison to their prototypes!) - and almost none of the others are respecting their delivery dates! In addition, they also have a long list of breakages....

I'm not defending JND on these delivery issues, but I think it's important to keep a clear & balanced overview of this company....
Old 08-07-2022, 08:04 AM   #729
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I agree - but.....there's always a but.....we should keep in mind that this is a new company. They're succeeding in bringing us products which match or exceed the prototype, and they (so far) are the only company meeting or improving their delivery deadlines!!

All the other mainstream manufacturers are (on average) delivering poor quality (in comparison to their prototypes!) - and almost none of the others are respecting their delivery dates! In addition, they also have a long list of breakages....

I'm not defending JND on these delivery issues, but I think it's important to keep a clear & balanced overview of this company....
LOL, you defend them while actually stating you aren't defending them. I love that you are back to stupidly throwing "every other" manufacturer under the bus to justify your "prestige" brand BS again.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:23 PM   #730
TB-303
Fantastic Four

bad JND packaging design

The packaging for the head (marked in red) is just poorly designed, leaving way too much room for potential damage. This is clearly JND's fault. The head should be better supported and stored softer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JND-Catwoman-broken.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	152646  
TB-303 is offline   Reply With Quote