Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-21-2022, 09:29 AM   #11
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
read this was at SDCC
Yep, sure is, if you go to sideshow collectable's facebook page, scroll down, and you'll find a link for 222 pics taken at SDCC, and if you keep clicking right, you'll find 3 pics of Black Panther on his throne.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:46 PM   #12
Peedi
The Secret Six

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:48 PM   #13
jinkazama
Cobra Command

jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #14
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

I really really want to love their Marvel stuff but once again PCS halfarses it. No detailing, no weathering. It looks like an oversized Hasbro playset and they're asking $1500 for it.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 02:12 PM   #15
Peedi
The Secret Six

When you say detailing do you mean the sculpt? What detailing should be added to this? The costume is what’s in the game so I imagine not much more could be done. Or do you mean something else by detailing?
Old 07-30-2022, 12:59 PM   #16
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
When you say detailing do you mean the sculpt? What detailing should be added to this? The costume is what?s in the game so I imagine not much more could be done. Or do you mean something else by detailing?

Bugger me sideways, sorry Peedi I thought I replied to this the same day but it seems it was never sent. When I say detailing I'm referring more to shading and highlighting, not necessarily a cell shading look but something that is more than this simple application that is barebones to say the very least.

I say this as the costume in game has the outfit looking layered, with a mesh look and the padded armor blending but never looking like one simple coat of paint. The PCS Panther looks like they simply painted the entire armour one shade of black. No real difference in tones and textures. To me this certainly isn't a paint job for a $1500 piece but the same paint job that one would see on a $150 diamond select piece.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:28 AM   #17
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Bugger me sideways, sorry Peedi I thought I replied to this the same day but it seems it was never sent. When I say detailing I'm referring more to shading and highlighting, not necessarily a cell shading look but something that is more than this simple application that is barebones to say the very least.

I say this as the costume in game has the outfit looking layered, with a mesh look and the padded armor blending but never looking like one simple coat of paint. The PCS Panther looks like they simply painted the entire armour one shade of black. No real difference in tones and textures. To me this certainly isn't a paint job for a $1500 piece but the same paint job that one would see on a $150 diamond select piece.
Ah I see what you’re saying.

I?m not a fan of this costume design to begin with but I still like this statue overall. Sculpt wise it’s an impressive looking piece.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #18
nearmint
Phoenix

This goes up for preorder today at noon PT.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:52 PM   #19
Peedi
The Secret Six

Overall I like it.

But whoever sculpted the hair could’ve did better research on what cornrows/braided hair on a scalp looks like. When you part hair you should see some scalp in between.

On this statue it looks like the braided hair is on top of a regular haircut, which is not how braided hair looks or even works. This looks weird. Made worse by the raised hair along the sides of his head. Most probably won’t notice but I can’t unsee it.

Also the portrait looks nothing like the game but I think aside from the hair, the face sculpt is still very good. If it were a generic T’Challa it’d be absolutely fine. But it’s not a generic T’Challa, it’s a very specific one lol.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:26 AM   #20
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Really love this statue despite it not being comic accurate and based off a video game design. Really love the throne and its details all around. I'll be uploading a 360 video of this to my Instagram: @hellsbells_51 soon. I'll try to post more pics on here when I get my final display together, but here's a few:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230225_145018_01.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	468.5 KB
ID:	159865   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230225_145046.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	159867  
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote