Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #801
DingleDangle
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Hope they have gone a shade or two darker with the base colour.

Light up ring would have been great, they did it really well on the first PF, it does feel odd when a newer statue lacks what the previous one had and i think both ring and lantern lighting up on this one would have been great.

I have a feeling the lantern will light from watch batteries or something independent from the statue itself, so they didn't have to run wires through the statue, so that's why the ring doesn't light up....
I'm happy they didn't go the LED route, you barely have the thing turned on. Not to mention the plethora of issues that can arise, such as corrosion if you keep batteries in (annoying to put in or take out for limited use), next to impossible to fix if they break and if they do it ruins the value of the statue. This way the statue always looks good and you don't have to worry about any of the many issues I listed above.
DingleDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #802
Parallax
Nightwing

That's the worry I have with the Armored Batman PF. I hope the batteries are easy to remove.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:55 AM   #803
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
You're right. Here are the instructions for installing the batteries
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...%2F3003921.pdf
Wow i only just looked at these, that's a pretty terrible and cheap way to do things, you'd think they could have engineered something better than having the wires exposed like that?

I can't imagine how many people will be pulling it apart and snapping the wires....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #804
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingleDangle View Post
I'm happy they didn't go the LED route, you barely have the thing turned on. Not to mention the plethora of issues that can arise, such as corrosion if you keep batteries in (annoying to put in or take out for limited use), next to impossible to fix if they break and if they do it ruins the value of the statue. This way the statue always looks good and you don't have to worry about any of the many issues I listed above.
And you never have to worry about it looking better either. Lights when done right are great. If they would spend the money and do them right(decent quality and replaceable) you would almost never have an issue. A quality battery should last 10+ years without leaking and it is not that hard to clean if/when they ever do. When they do break it does not "ruin the value", similar to a small breakage it only decreases value ~20% or less on average. If you don't like the feature, don't use it, but let the people who do have the option.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:14 PM   #805
DingleDangle
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
And you never have to worry about it looking better either. Lights when done right are great. If they would spend the money and do them right(decent quality and replaceable) you would almost never have an issue. A quality battery should last 10+ years without leaking and it is not that hard to clean if/when they ever do. When they do break it does not "ruin the value", similar to a small breakage it only decreases value ~20% or less on average. If you don't like the feature, don't use it, but let the people who do have the option.
Generally light up areas have a plastic look to them, so it is a big deal for the overall look of the statue when they're not turned on. You're entitled to your opinion, but I personally think they look cheap and more like a child's toy than a statue/piece of art. Also- you make 20% sound like nothing, but 20% of a $400 statue is almost $100.
DingleDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:53 AM   #806
Sandman585
Hydra

Man I would love some updates and new pics on this piece...
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #807
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
Man I would love some updates and new pics on this piece...
same ^
this could be shipping in Oct so you'd think we would have heard something by now
i need to know whether or not to cancel and keep my Salt & Pepper GL
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #808
gomur
The Tick

Would love to see Hal displayed at NYCC alongside a new GL universe statue. Just putting it out there.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #809
Sandman585
Hydra

Received an email saying the last Flex Payment will be collected in November. I would still actually like to see what the statue will look like prior to then. This is really frustrating there have been no updated photos
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #810
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Good to know when this piece ships, right now my Sinestro is sitting next to Keaton Batman. My display needs some updating
dood is offline   Reply With Quote