Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-27-2022, 10:23 PM   #501
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
A guess Iko.
OK thanks. Regardless, it will be interesting to see who JND goes with next. It is sort of an event these days.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:35 PM   #502
tarim69
Sailor Moon

BTW... a few times in the Mera reveal vid a few small pieces can be seen on the table next to the unfinished Mera
Whether they're anatomy reference, a possible 1/6 tease, or what, I don't know... but theyre there.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:46 AM   #503
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
OK thanks. Regardless, it will be interesting to see who JND goes with next. It is sort of an event these days.
And yet somebody could have spilled the beans and possibly could already have given the answer some pages ago

BTW, JND calls these events; “Festivals”. I also love them
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:05 AM   #504
pdenham
Teen Titans

Can you say, or at least hint, at what kind of timetable they have for winding down their 1/3 line?

Or how many more 1/3 statues they would like to put out before they shift gears?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:06 AM   #505
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
And yet somebody could have spilled the beans and possibly could already have given the answer some pages ago

BTW, JND calls these events; ?Festivals?. I also love them
For those of us with long term memory loss, please could you remind us
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:02 AM   #506
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Can you say, or at least hint, at what kind of timetable they have for winding down their 1/3 line?

Or how many more 1/3 statues they would like to put out before they shift gears?
Since JND’s core business is 1:3 scale, JND will never stop in making 1:3 scales. 1:6 and 1:4 will start next year and could possibly include at least one new license
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:58 AM   #507
pdenham
Teen Titans

The way you were talking about a classic WW, it sounded like that was going to be a capper to the line.

Good to know they are in it for the long haul.

Thanks for the answer!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:56 AM   #508
skizzoid
Doh!

I don't need this, I don't need this... It looks really nice (with some likeness issues), but I just don't know if I can bring myself to get this when I don't have a strong affinity for the character (the only JND piece I've ordered is Selina, who is one of my favorite movie characters... though I do also regret missing out on WW, another one of my favorites). I can see this really standing out in a collection though with the green suit and bright red hair.

Does anyone else feel like the likeness looks better (especially in the straight-on shots) without the crown on her head? Or at least, the face doesn't look as wide to me that way.
skizzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:14 AM   #509
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
I don't need this, I don't need this... It looks really nice (with some likeness issues), but I just don't know if I can bring myself to get this when I don't have a strong affinity for the character (the only JND piece I've ordered is Selina, who is one of my favorite movie characters... though I do also regret missing out on WW, another one of my favorites). I can see this really standing out in a collection though with the green suit and bright red hair.

Does anyone else feel like the likeness looks better (especially in the straight-on shots) without the crown on her head? Or at least, the face doesn't look as wide to me that way.
Firstly, in my opinion, no one "needs" a statue....depending on your worldview, it's even debatable if you need air, food and water.

Having a strong affinity for a character can be a great grounding point to decide if you want a statue or not, unfortunately for me, its ALL about the character design, build quality, & rarity, that drive my purchases. I am immune to things like comic book twists, poor movie representation (WW84) or any of those factors that might drive away more "discerning" collectors.

Given the price you're paying here (by the way, according to another forum member, I am poor, so your mileage may vary) I would respectfully caution you against your FOMO, and you should stick to your buying parameters.

There will always be something better down the line - and if you buy this, just because of FOMO, you may regret it and end up hating the piece......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:06 PM   #510
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post

BTW, JND calls these events; ?Festivals?. I also love them
Could you provide the post # please?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote