Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
EpochFanatics
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Angry International shipping taxes and duty

Whenever I get a parcel sent by Sideshow with FedEX I still have to pay taxes. And no taxes to $ 15 or $ 20 but taxes $ 120 $ 150 with a nice threat "no money no packages."
An object that I paid with my money which I have also paid the postage, I have in any case the right to recover it without paying !!! Why should I still pay something when I already pay all? Why?
FedEx are scammer and live with that but why Sideshow uses FedEx knowing this? Should they not ensure that the customer is king that he continues to spend at home? Or collectors are idiots.
I'll have 4 parcels from sideshow that will ship at the same time next month. Should I be concerned and get ready to pay taxes in the amount of a "Darkseid Premium Format"?
Sideshow must to do something about it as this will lasts for too long time, it is not normal that this same customer still makes taxing again and especially not the right to choose his own shipping company . Sideshow should also include the amount of customs fees in the listing item price because it's purely a scammed.
May be this thread already exist but I had to tell it.
EpochFanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

If I understand you correctly... you are blaming Sideshow for having to pay cross border taxes?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #3
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Pretty sure FedEx charges you those fees because that is the law in your country it has nothing to do with FedEx or sideshow really.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

You must be from Europe,in the US we pay taxes daily,gasoline,clothes,food,TV's.EVERYTHING and we already paid for.Let's say if I buy something on "Walmart.com" if there's a Brick & Mortar Walmart on my state, I have to pay for taxes too.

So relax there's no way around it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochFanatics View Post
Whenever I get a parcel sent by Sideshow with FedEX I still have to pay taxes. And no taxes to $ 15 or $ 20 but taxes $ 120 $ 150 with a nice threat "no money no packages."
An object that I paid with my money which I have also paid the postage, I have in any case the right to recover it without paying !!! Why should I still pay something when I already pay all? Why?
FedEx are scammer and live with that but why Sideshow uses FedEx knowing this? Should they not ensure that the customer is king that he continues to spend at home? Or collectors are idiots.
I'll have 4 parcels from sideshow that will ship at the same time next month. Should I be concerned and get ready to pay taxes in the amount of a "Darkseid Premium Format"?
Sideshow must to do something about it as this will lasts for too long time, it is not normal that this same customer still makes taxing again and especially not the right to choose his own shipping company . Sideshow should also include the amount of customs fees in the listing item price because it's purely a scammed.
May be this thread already exist but I had to tell it.
Dude, it's the LAW. Every country usually charges import fees to make up for the taxes it would have earned had you bought the item in your own country. I get charged import too on everything I bring into Canada. Everyone does. This has nothing to do with Sideshow or FedEx. Pay attention to the value on the forms. FedEx once overbilled me because they thought the value of the item was higher. When I phoned them and told them to check the value they realized their mistake and adjusted the tax I owed. Good luck.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

When I buy a sideshow product I don't pay taxes on it.But when it crosses over to Canada yes the Tax man collects its due.Its part of business .But they convert it to canadian dollars first and I pay on that.Conan was 460 US, cost me 587 Canadian and had to pay taxes on the canadian amount wich came to 99$.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Dude, it's the LAW. Every country usually charges import fees to make up for the taxes it would have earned had you bought the item in your own country. I get charged import too on everything I bring into Canada. Everyone does. This has nothing to do with Sideshow or FedEx. Pay attention to the value on the forms. FedEx once overbilled me because they thought the value of the item was higher. When I phoned them and told them to check the value they realized their mistake and adjusted the tax I owed. Good luck.
Dont think the US does. I have had things sent to me from overseas and never had to pay. I think is is that most other countries have a VAT .
Old 07-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #8
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

No import fees in the US.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Dont think the US does. I have had things sent to me from overseas and never had to pay. I think is is that most other countries have a VAT .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
No import fees in the US.

I may be wrong but I believe most US bound product valued over 2k gets taxed. In Canada, anything valued over $20 is deemed worth the trouble of drawing up all sorts of paperwork.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #10
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I may be wrong but I believe most US bound product valued over 2k gets taxed.
Could be. Nothing I buy from overseas gets close to that. Would you try it and verify for us?

Eh, you're in Canada.