Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #71
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Completely disagree. While I prefer the variant, the Savage version is a great sculpt on it’s own. I was pleasantly surprised that I like it as much as I do. I was so blown away by the variant I expected to be a bit let down wit the regular but that just isn’t the case. For some reason, this one doesn’t translate as well in the pictures as the variant and I was very impressed when I saw this in person. It is a really nice statue IMO.
+1

The face on the regular version for whatever reason is not accurately coming through in these pics. It's a great looking (dare I say even Sal Buscema inspired) face sculpt. I ordered both and before it arrived was expecting to sell it because I liked the variant so much, but after seeing the regular version in person I had to keep it too.
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #72
Atheris
The Maxx

Got mine a few days ago.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #73
aeumuse
Hydra

A sight for sore eyes, 3 of my favourite Hulks in one pic.

Thankfully the Bowens make my long wait for my maquette PO from the local AD more bearable.
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #74
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

They look great together; Savage Hulk can stand on its own merits in front of the others. It even looks slighly bigger than the variant. Congratations Chris!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #75
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Atheris--great pics!
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #76
ZoD
U talkin' to me?

Mine ended up in Brazil somewhere so now i have to wait for it to find it's way from Brazil to Australia. Hope he arrives soon.
ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #77
pdenham
Teen Titans

Finally got around to unboxing mine just now. Given my earlier comments, it won't come as a surprise to say I'm very happy with how this one turned out. Pretty much spot on to the promo pics in every area. Love the softer coloring and very glad now that I stuck with this one rather than flipping over to the variant. I'll refrain from making what can be misconstrued as negative comments towards the latter. It's a nice looking piece, but for me this is the Hulk as I came to know him as a kid.

Although I knew it was going to be big, I'm still kinda surprised at how big the footprint is. And I'm VERY surprised at how heavy this thing is. I thought for sure, given the size and the relatively conservative price (at a time where competitors like SS are taking every opportunity to jack prices up) that this would have been hollow as an eggshell. From what I can tell, it seems nearly as heavy as that massive cannonball of polystone , M.O.D.O.K.. It may not be quite as tall as the latter, but for a Bowen piece, this is still a fairly massive statue.
And absolutely worth every penny, imo.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #78
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Finally got around to unboxing mine just now. Given my earlier comments, it won't come as a surprise to say I'm very happy with how this one turned out. Pretty much spot on to the promo pics in every area. Love the softer coloring and very glad now that I stuck with this one rather than flipping over to the variant. I'll refrain from making what can be misconstrued as negative comments towards the latter. It's a nice looking piece, but for me this is the Hulk as I came to know him as a kid.

Although I knew it was going to be big, I'm still kinda surprised at how big the footprint is. And I'm VERY surprised at how heavy this thing is. I thought for sure, given the size and the relatively conservative price (at a time where competitors like SS are taking every opportunity to jack prices up) that this would have been hollow as an eggshell. From what I can tell, it seems nearly as heavy as that massive cannonball of polystone , M.O.D.O.K.. It may not be quite as tall as the latter, but for a Bowen piece, this is still a fairly massive statue.
And absolutely worth every penny, imo.
Congratulations. I agree with your opinion.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote