Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #381
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

This is a amazing statue! My first Tweeterhead piece and I love it! These are the only 2 pictures I took from my phone but I took a bunch more on my actual camera so I’ll have those up by Monday hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B2D65049-A03B-4CC6-83FF-205E2D467BF7.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	136523   Click image for larger version

Name:	5E83364E-7986-4520-BA47-F722B58CA8B9.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	136524  
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #382
Mister H
Gen 13

Just got mine in. He looks fantastic.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:45 PM   #383
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Unboxed my Muddy Version last night. Looks absolutely amazing. I do have several spots on the cape that are not so good. A chip and several areas where the paint has been scratched or rubbed off where you can see white coming through. I will post some pics up later today when I have time. I will send the pics to TH as well and see if there is a way to get a replacement cape or if I need to try and figure out something myself. The rest of the statue is absolutely perfect.
Sorry to hear that. I only had one very tiny spot where you could see white underneath. I did however have on the inside of the cape, near the bottom tips, they looked a little glossy. I suspect it is from rubbing the styrofoam. It's not really noticeable so I'm ok with it. Hope you can get yours resolved.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:02 AM   #384
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Unboxed my Muddy Version last night. Looks absolutely amazing. I do have several spots on the cape that are not so good. A chip and several areas where the paint has been scratched or rubbed off where you can see white coming through. I will post some pics up later today when I have time. I will send the pics to TH as well and see if there is a way to get a replacement cape or if I need to try and figure out something myself. The rest of the statue is absolutely perfect.
Yeah, that's a shame...hopefully they've got some capes on hand for a quick switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
This is a amazing statue! My first Tweeterhead piece and I love it! These are the only 2 pictures I took from my phone but I took a bunch more on my actual camera so I’ll have those up by Monday hopefully.
Nice, congrats. Next shots should be in the mud.

Opened mine up...looks great. Only issue is the feet not sitting like they should. Front foot down, back leg up...back leg down, front foot up. Besides that it's a cool piece. The portraits are pretty spectacular.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #385
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.
Where the paint is chipped, has some of the resin been gouged into as well or is it just the surface paint app?

The nice thing about a piece painted to represent battle damage and wear- if it ever gets a nick or scratch it's much easier to mask than if the thing was supposed to look perfect and unblemished.

I've got some paint issues on mine that I'm not crazy about and will need to address. I thought they all might be like this, but seeing others pics that's clearly not the case.

Still love the design and sculpt- but I have to be honest and admit I didn't score one of the better samples of this.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:27 AM   #386
jeremydmc
Black Panther

There are a couple of scratches and one big spot of white where there is a chip on the left side of the cape. There are several other sports where the paint has rubbed off and white is starting to show through....plus a few more scratches. The rest of the statue is perfect.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:14 PM   #387
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Jeremy I am assuming that the head and cape detach. Hopefully it can be replaced.

I will be honest I do not think I would notice them if I was looking at your display with this being displayed with other statues, just with the combo of blue and muddy paint on the statue.

So far I have never noticed any issues with statue I got from Tweeterhead like this but maybe I should take a much closer look.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #388
Mister H
Gen 13

Is the head/cape a tad wobbly for anyone else? Mine isn’t bad but there is more play in there than any other piece I have.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #389
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Now is the Dark Knight regular version and the muddy version the same statue with just different paint jobs?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #390
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Now is the Dark Knight regular version and the muddy version the same statue with just different paint jobs?
Different base.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote