Quote:
Originally Posted by zulcadore View Post
guys what is the battery type for thanos's gauntlet ? what should ı get

Energizer 2025 lithium for the remote,reg AAAs for guantlet
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:19 PM   #772
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Hey gents is there a button to turn on/off the lighting on the gauntlet without the remote ? If so, where is it? :-) Tku!
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:52 AM   #773
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdrive21 View Post
Hey gents is there a button to turn on/off the lighting on the gauntlet without the remote ? If so, where is it? :-) Tku!
no remote only
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #774
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
no remote only
Tku
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:54 PM   #775
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

Does anyone find the batteries in the gauntlet are draining fast? I've used the light feature maybe 3-4 times and left it running for no more than 10-15 mins at a time. It's been setup since December, and the batteries have already died, 3 months later.

Not sure if the 'on/off' switch on the battery case inside the gauntlet draws battery power when the switch is 'on' even when the lights are left off..
jasonsz1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #776
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yep, I posted the same exact thing a while back in the thread. There's definitely something with the wiring that it draws power even when the lights go off.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:00 PM   #777
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yep, I posted the same exact thing a while back in the thread. There's definitely something with the wiring that it draws power even when the lights go off.
That's such a shame. You'll need to either keep a stockpile AAAs on hand, or go through the hassle of screwing/unscrewing the battery casing each time you want to utilize the light up feature and preserve the batteries
Old 03-05-2021, 06:29 PM   #778
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsz1034 View Post
Does anyone find the batteries in the gauntlet are draining fast? I've used the light feature maybe 3-4 times and left it running for no more than 10-15 mins at a time. It's been setup since December, and the batteries have already died, 3 months later.

Not sure if the 'on/off' switch on the battery case inside the gauntlet draws battery power when the switch is 'on' even when the lights are left off..

Not me, the batteries put in on first day and still work fine.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #779
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I just happened in here. I've rarely checked this thread or I would've replied before...

Am I to understand that this has batteries in the gauntlet, and turns on and off only via a remote?

If that's the case, the batteries are under a constant draw because it's in 'standby power' - a slow power drain necessary so it can communicate with the remote, when utilized.

It's not a flaw in the wiring, but maybe a suspect decision by XM to use instead of just a switch in the gauntlet.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:08 AM   #780
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I just happened in here. I've rarely checked this thread or I would've replied before...

Am I to understand that this has batteries in the gauntlet, and turns on and off only via a remote?

If that's the case, the batteries are under a constant draw because it's in 'standby power' - a slow power drain necessary so it can communicate with the remote, when utilized.

It's not a flaw in the wiring, but maybe a suspect decision by XM to use instead of just a switch in the gauntlet.
Yep, that's exactly what's going on. The major flaw, imo, is that the switch to put it in 'standby power' is on a battery case that you insert into the gauntlet, that you then have to place a cover over it, which you then need to screw in the cover.

A switch in the gauntlet to activate the light up feature would be better. Putting the 'standby power' switch outside the cover that needs to be screwed in would have also worked. Putting the switch inside the battery case which goes into the gauntlet that then gets screwed in...seems like the poorest design option.