Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-03-2021, 02:35 AM   #1
craigcliff1
Zot

E Bay buyers can be such sum

not enough I have had to do $2,500 in repairs, been cheated out $2,000. now I can add another $1,200 to that. I had a statue collectors wanted, been a while I , broke in shipping, or buyer wrote, who knows. he shipped to me ebay gave his money $1,200 with shipping, now statue just going to be too much to repair and I can't do it, not within my talents. Dude won't give me his email so I can do my claim at U PIC, if he
did I figure he wont agree when U PIC sent him the form.. Don't know why he is such a scum bag about emailed him a bunch, he just won't respond, ebay stated they can't do anything

Had a dude do this to me in 2015 was $580.00
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:14 AM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah I'm always wary of selling stuff cause of scams....

Try fb, and if you really are worried say local pickup only :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:14 AM   #3
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I loathe using eBay with a passion. If possible just avoid it, especially if you are the seller. Buyer has all the protection in the world so if you're buying feel free.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #4
craigcliff1
Zot

been doing ebay with my statues for 14 out my 15 years but drat when someone scams you, don't get why he wont respond to email for a month he got his money I just don't get why he did this
Old 03-05-2021, 08:59 PM   #5
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
been doing ebay with my statues for 14 out my 15 years but drat when someone scams you, don't get why he wont respond to email for a month he got his money I just don't get why he did this
He did it because he can.....i do not sell anything on ebay now after i got rid of most of my stuff....not worth the scams and buyer complaints
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:12 PM   #6
craigcliff1
Zot

yes ebay major stinks, I do have to say one thing is collectors have money there and like to use it. Can't say that on CF, SF, RS, FB, I offer I emailed U PIC they stated without the affidavit, they can't do anything
Old 03-15-2021, 06:24 AM   #7
sabin23
Birdman

I've read and watched a lot of horror stories on forums and youtube but I have been lucky thus far with Ebay statue purchases dating back nearly 20-years.

I believe my earliest statue purchases were Edwards Scissorhands and Princess Mononoke items. Recently, I got the Basic Instinct (Blitzway) and Species statues that I missed out on. Been on the lookout for the Eva Green Artemisia 300 statue but cannot seem to find it listed for under a grand.

Dodged the ebay bullet thus far but I'm wary that one day it will come back to haunt me.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
I've read and watched a lot of horror stories on forums and youtube but I have been lucky thus far with Ebay statue purchases dating back nearly 20-years.

I believe my earliest statue purchases were Edwards Scissorhands and Princess Mononoke items. Recently, I got the Basic Instinct (Blitzway) and Species statues that I missed out on. Been on the lookout for the Eva Green Artemisia 300 statue but cannot seem to find it listed for under a grand.

Dodged the ebay bullet thus far but I'm wary that one day it will come back to haunt me.
Ditto.never had a problem. But I usually only sell to buyers with a lot of positive feedback. And when I buy I give the seller a lot of info where he can go and check references.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:27 PM   #9
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Any update on this?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:05 PM   #10
craigcliff1
Zot

been 2 months he hasen't responded to email, so I figure he just doing it be a scum, or he took my statue and gave me his, and that's why he dosent want to do the affidavit. should not have started collecting 15 years ago, that would have been awesome