Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #1631
conglong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post
I had mine sent to New Zealand. Can confirm: it cost a farm and a leg.

Popcultcha AU sending it saved me a bit of money but even then they charged $2k AUD for it and an extra $100ish for shipping.

I nearly cancelled a number of times but I'm glad I didn't.
Sooo much money ... and I didn't even know about the hi end Jurassic Park collectibles market 6 months ago. Now I'm waiting on hundreds of dollars of preorders already. And looking seriously at buying a $2000 raptor head. They discovered my weakness.
conglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:25 AM   #1632
conglong
Doh!

Quote:
I had mine sent to New Zealand. Can confirm: it cost a farm and a leg.

Popcultcha AU sending it saved me a bit of money but even then they charged $2k AUD for it and an extra $100ish for shipping.

I nearly cancelled a number of times but I'm glad I didn't.
Did you have any concern shipping such a high value item around the world? And was it received in very good condition?
Old 09-02-2019, 05:06 AM   #1633
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by conglong View Post
Did you have any concern shipping such a high value item around the world? And was it received in very good condition?
No concerns about the shipping apart from the price and then fitting it in to a car once I picked it up from the depot (boy that took some strategic maneuvering).

It was perfect. We filmed the unboxing and it captured our shock at having this giant stone dragon-esque head suddenly right in front of us, mixed with a healthy amount of "ohhh what have we done."

Totally worth it.
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:59 PM   #1634
conglong
Doh!

Quote:
No concerns about the shipping apart from the price and then fitting it in to a car once I picked it up from the depot (boy that took some strategic maneuvering).

It was perfect. We filmed the unboxing and it captured our shock at having this giant stone dragon-esque head suddenly right in front of us, mixed with a healthy amount of "ohhh what have we done."

Totally worth it.
No lie, real tempted to pull the trigger now (and empty my bank account, lol). All the videos look amazing, but I'm sure it can't compare to seeing it in person. I wonder if the male one will look as good.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #1635
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
No lie, real tempted to pull the trigger now (and empty my bank account, lol). All the videos look amazing, but I'm sure it can't compare to seeing it in person. I wonder if the male one will look as good.
I have one too. You won’t regret this one. If you do it lol
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #1636
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
It better look as good, we probably should have seen an updated eye by now.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #1637
conglong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It better look as good, we probably should have seen an updated eye by now.
Yeah it would helpful to see something other than the prototype that doesn't have the glass eyes. The painted ones bulge a lot. Painted eyes can never look as real or as good as glass ones imo. I would hope they are planning to do the male with eyes like the female.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:53 AM   #1638
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Yeah it would helpful to see something other than the prototype that doesn't have the glass eyes. The painted ones bulge a lot. Painted eyes can never look as real or as good as glass ones imo. I would hope they are planning to do the male with eyes like the female.
Oh, it will be acrylic like the last one, I just meant the paint and pattern underneath.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #1639
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

I love this articulated raptor CC premiered on Facebook, but am I the only one annoyed by the shape?

We all complained about the 1:1 raptor bust's shape and inconsistencies with the movie version, and were fought so hard about it.

So where'd this raptor with proper teeth and head shape come from? Will they be using it for the 1:1 TLW raptor bust shape?

I wish my 1:1 raptor bust was made from this mold to be honest.

Am I alone in this?

wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #1640
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

The new one will no be like this. This was hand sculpted in zbrush and the 1:1 came from an original prop. Although it was disfigured.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote