Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #101
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Maybe this isn't a new Joker, let's not rush to conclusions. The grin is an indication but not something substantial
you're right...its definitely Wonder Woman. Change the title of the thread

PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #102
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

what if its a joker based on lee bermejos art .. it could be .. has some similarities
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #103
Spazzy
Hercules

Will probably get this, loved the movie, won't need another version of him

This gives me hopes for the Jack Joker...drool....if that happens I definitely will not be getting the hot toys, as good as it looks.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #104
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
the enterbay joker is the best peice I own
however its still a figure and doesn't display as nicely as a statue

if they come even close to a good portrait of ledger
it would probably want to make me switch over
but it would depend on the pose

personally this is my most anticipated piece
I couldn't be happier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Not in 1/4 scale....Enterbay is the only one so far that has nailed this character...question here is can sideshow top enterbay's likeness?...I'm happy with my enterbay....but I would love for sideshow to raise the ante.....can they do this with polystone?
I doubt they will be able to create the realistic skin like look that Enterbay has, because polystone can't mimic skin like PVC and translucent resin can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
..I feel totally the opposite...the enterbay doesn't show any joints.
Just because it doesn't show joints doesn't mean it can be put into a realistic pose. I have not seen one picture of it in a realistic pose. A sculpted statue is more likely to be able to achieve a pose that looks natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
This SSC offering will have to be utterly spectacular and have a pretty special pose and base on top of a flawless likeness for me to cough up the dough for another or replacement Ledger Joker.
I don't think they could go wrong with the grenade pose.

Quote:
I am on the fence, I've got the EB Joker and Bats and both are top-notch pieces. The resemblance is spot on and very, very accurate from top to bottom.
I wouldn't say spot on as the face looks a bit long and skinny but very very close and the best joker sculpt that has been mass produced. The EB Bale as Batman is spot on.

Quote:
Yes man that would be a smart move for a 1/4 product, i mean the market is already inundated with Batman and Joker FIGURES, HT and EB have had their take on these characters and have given some excellent pieces. I single out:
1) the recent 1/4 HT Bats from TDKR shown at SDCC 2013
2) HT 1/6 Joker the second release

3) EB1/4 Batman BB Suit
4)EB 1/4 Joker

I mean Why would someone buy a new PF of the characters above if he has already spend money on these great products from another company, it's a risky choice for SSC...it will be hard to surpass the quality all around.i hope they surprise us all
It is because those are action figures/dolls and none of them can give the presence of a statue no matter what scale they are in IMO. Well that's my reason for wanting a PF statue of this.
Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #105
Python
Omega Red

I'm not a huge batman fan but I loved Ledgers Joker, just wish we could have seen more of him. I await this one with great interest!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #106
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post

I doubt they will be able to create the realistic skin like look that Enterbay has, because polystone can't mimic skin like PVC and translucent resin can.
the saving grace for this is that most of the portrait has face paint on it, so apart from his neck there will barely be any visible skin tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
It is because those are action figures/dolls and none of them can give the presence of a statue no matter what scale they are in IMO. Well that's my reason for wanting a PF statue of this.
this has pretty good presence if you ask me how is sideshow going to beat this? lets be honest I love SS, but weve seen how the MOS pf turned out. hot toys has been trying to perfect this cowl and bales likeness for years and they've finally nailed it (pic stolen from the hot toys SDCC thread)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #107
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hot toys has been trying to perfect this cowl and bales likeness for years and they've finally nailed it (pic stolen from the hot toys SDCC thread)
I agree ,People are fooling themselves if they think Sideshow's Pf's is going to be anywhere close to this good, As statue collectors we tend to have an elitist attitude towards action figure's,I changed my mind after I got my enterbay figures, If you cant see articulation what does it matter? My friend's were like wow this "statue" is so life like. LOL. But hey It isnt as heavy as the hulk PF
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #108
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
But hey It isnt as heavy as the hulk PF
nothing is that heavy anymore
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #109
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapstar916 View Post
Comic version Is always king in my eyes. Never cared for heaths joker.... jack joker for me all the way

don't you mean Jack jack?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #110
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I agree ,People are fooling themselves if they think Sideshow's Pf's is going to be anywhere close to this good, As statue collectors we tend to have an elitist attitude towards action figure's,I changed my mind after I got my enterbay figures, If you cant see articulation what does it matter? My friend's were like wow this "statue" is so life like. LOL. But hey It isnt as heavy as the hulk PF
Nothing is as heavy as the hulk PF. NOTHING. It's the bench mark for statue weight apparently
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote