Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #11
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I buy less than I used to that's for sure, a trend that I see continuing to eventual zero as I am pretty much out of room with 2 rooms infected with statues and the wife not likely to grant me a third.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have 1 statue (P1 piece), 1 HT figure (Iron Man Power Pose), 1 Batman B&W figure (Robin), and 2 Koto pieces (Aquaman and Hawkman) on pre-order

That's it for me right now. Cancelled all other orders. Getting too pricey and just not worth it except for the pieces I find will be in my collection forever
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #13
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I have all but stopped. There are a couple Bowen pieces I want but can't find them for less than $500 CDN and I refuse to pay that for a 1/6 scale. I have my name down for a couple XM pieces that don't even have a PO date so I'm hoping that will give me over a year to save for. But the last month I've honestly considered just dropping the hobby altogether. Just admire the statues I have and not buy any for several years. I just don't have the money.
I have stopped also

the prices of the statues are too incredible
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #14
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

thanks for all the replies, souls

now when ever I am considering a statue, I would think of as many bad points as I can come up with on why I should not buy.

not museum pose

not right color

no space

too big

incredible price

something not right about the statue

this part or that part looks very easy to break

statue might lean to one side after a while

and many more

lol
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #15
ratchet
Mandarin

Last one I bought was the SS Gladiator Hulk PF from my LCS and I got it at a steep discount.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #16
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I am actually buying more than I ever have. I used to be more of a casual statue collector as I have a lot of other collecting hobbies, but I have really gone over the deep end this last year, largely due to Sideshow. They have had one hell of a year in regards to thier designs. As I have stated in other threads, in regards to design, I personally consider the last 12-16 months one of the strongest runs in the entire history of Sideshow. They have released just one amazing piece after another and I just couldn't say no to a lot of them.

Thankfully the recent releases have focused more on Star Wars and I am not collecting Star Wars again so its given me a bit of a reprieve on the Sideshow front. Hopefully things continue in that direction for awhile and I can clear some of these pre-orders before anything else pops up that I can't say no too. Prime 1 is the one that is scaring me right now. I am a HUGE Arkham fan and will have a very hard time saying no to many of those pieces.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #17
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Update: Even the XM pieces I had my name down for I have cancelled. I just need to prioritize spending and I can't justify upwards of $1000 on a statue. I need a new kitchen table more than I need a Carnage statue lol
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #18
strife87
Spider-Ham

I've been more selective the past few months with my pre orders. Getting settled into the hobby and trying to focus on what I really want to have for a long time. Difficult with all the great product.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #19
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I don't buy many but I have the following on preorder:

Sideshow:
Captain Marvel
Gamora

I was going to order the Star Wars Force Awakens PFs and Voltron but I can't bring myself to pay those prices.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:00 AM   #20
protector2814
Phoenix

I suppose I've stopped. The last statue I purchased was the Bowen' Frankenstein's Monster. I just can't justify the now, much higher prices when I have so much else (tuition for my kids being the biggie) to spend my dollars on. If I ever see a werewolf by night statue that fits in w/ my Bowen' Monster collection, I'd bite. Other than that, I guess I'm done.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote