Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #25111
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Finally got round to watching blade runner 2049, wasn’t disappointed they captured the feeling of the 1st film perfectly whilst still giving it its own identity. Loved everything about it, visuals were amazing but the sound was the standout thing. I’ve got a Dolby atmos setup and the soundtrack, effects, bass, surround steering, well everything! was reference quality. My sub is right behind the seats and I could literally feel each of the gun shots throughout the film in my chest.
For me it’s as close to film perfection as you can get 10/10

I agree, and you've just reminded me that I really need to load up the Blu ray and give this a second watch. I suspect It might even be one of those movies that I can appreciate even more on a revisit.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #25112
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I agree, and you've just reminded me that I really need to load up the Blu ray and give this a second watch. I suspect It might even be one of those movies that I can appreciate even more on a revisit.
If you over my way anytime your more than welcome to watch it round mine mate, the mrs doesn't like blade runner so would be good to watch it with someone who can appreciate it!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #25113
Mister H
Gen 13

Long Shot: 3.5/10
Predictable. Seth Rogen is in the Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, Will Smith zone, plays the same character all the time.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #25114
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10.

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen this film but it still gets me teary eyed. Everyone is perfect. Probably SarJo’s best turn as The Black Widow and Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. Chris Evans is a gift to us all as Captain America. The core love Cap has for Bucky and his desire to save him, plus the outrageous fight scenes and the story of espionage just hits every mark. I love this movie!

Last edited by wktf; 05-12-2019 at 02:24 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:53 AM   #25115
off
The X-Men

Machete

Oh my god out of 10.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:14 AM   #25116
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I may still feel that the original is the better film, but 2049 is close. I think I may enjoy 2049 more though. Love that score.
Pretty much the same feeling. The original is probably a 9.5 and 2049 a 9.0. In all fairness it took a couple of versions/releases to get the original the way I ultimately preferred it..... no voice-over narrative and the non-happy ending. 2049's score works great but Vangelis' still works best for me (loved the reprise of it at the end). A more than worthy sequel!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:30 AM   #25117
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
If you over my way anytime your more than welcome to watch it round mine mate, the mrs doesn't like blade runner so would be good to watch it with someone who can appreciate it!

Thank you for the kind offer, I'll bear that in mind. My girlfriend has entirely different tastes to me also. Fortunately she's got another living room to watch her rubbish
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #25118
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen this film but it still gets me teary eyed. Everyone is perfect. Probably SarJo’s best turn as The Black Widow and Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. Chris Evans is a gift to us all as Captain America. The code love Cap has for Bucky and his desire to save him, plus the outrageous fight scenes and the story of espionage just hits every mark. I love this movie!
I still remember when they cast him and my first thought was "the Human Torch as Captain America, really?" and now I think of that as one of the best casting jobs of all time.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #25119
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Mule - 6/10

Slightly above average film but slightly below average for Clint Eastwood. Expected a bit more tension given the subject matter.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #25120
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen this film but it still gets me teary eyed. Everyone is perfect. Probably SarJo’s best turn as The Black Widow and Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. Chris Evans is a gift to us all as Captain America. The code love Cap has for Bucky and his desire to save him, plus the outrageous fight scenes and the story of espionage just hits every mark. I love this movie!
Still my favorite Marvel flick too.