Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-10-2022, 12:13 AM   #671
wolfius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

so did you have to pay in full to get the $25 flat shipping rate? the way it reads is a little unclear.

and is anyone really going to hold out? if it means having to wait for a response, which will for sure result in a shipping delay of uncertain length, with no guarantee of being able to actually get a reduced rate?

i’m as cheap as they come and would love to fight the good fight but even i’m loathe to try it and wind up waiting an extra 30 days or some shizz to receive mine.
wolfius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:28 AM   #672
DarkJedi
Doh!

Day one PO, paid in full, $75 shipping. Already paid.

Definitely not cool but this is my most anticipated statue so I guess I’d have paid it regardless. Is the shipping cheaper than what would likely be charged elsewhere? Probably.
Doesn’t change the fact that it was advertised as $25 though.
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:39 AM   #673
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfius View Post
so did you have to pay in full to get the $25 flat shipping rate? the way it reads is a little unclear.

and is anyone really going to hold out? if it means having to wait for a response, which will for sure result in a shipping delay of uncertain length, with no guarantee of being able to actually get a reduced rate?

i?m as cheap as they come and would love to fight the good fight but even i?m loathe to try it and wind up waiting an extra 30 days or some shizz to receive mine.
If they aren't going to honor the price they actually sold this at, I'll take a refund and skip it. I have the $75, but I'm not going to support this practice. There wasn't even an attempt at a warning or explanation - just an invoice in my inbox for three times the amount stated at the time of the sale. It's like they saw how much it was going to cost to ship and thought "let's see if they remember....."

I'm sure this will be more of a hassle for me than it is for them. The path of least resistence is to just pay their ransom to get what I paid for in full a year and a half ago. If they aren't going to honor their shipping cost, who knows how hard it will be to get a refund...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:16 AM   #674
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Got my $65 shipping invoice from TH for the 1/6 Joker.

When it said it would be flat rate shipping I somehow thought that meant a flatter rate than that LOL.

That's interesting. I ordered mine from SSC. And no email yet about shipping soon.

Before this, SSC would get their allotment first and they would ship theirs first. This time TH has their allotment first and shipping first. What's up with that?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 06:15 AM   #675
BurningRage
Inhumans

Eventually Sideshow will offer free shipping on the reg.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #676
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
If they aren't going to honor the price they actually sold this at, I'll take a refund and skip it. I have the $75, but I'm not going to support this practice. There wasn't even an attempt at a warning or explanation - just an invoice in my inbox for three times the amount stated at the time of the sale. It's like they saw how much it was going to cost to ship and thought "let's see if they remember....."

I'm sure this will be more of a hassle for me than it is for them. The path of least resistence is to just pay their ransom to get what I paid for in full a year and a half ago. If they aren't going to honor their shipping cost, who knows how hard it will be to get a refund...
I commend you for this. It’s slightly appalling to me that some people are going to get swindled with 300% shipping and just say, “oh well.” This company has gotten away with some absolutely shady practices in the past (e.g. the Robin base; e.g., running extra copies beyond the edition size for the Batman exclusive), and this is just another.

I know it was a long time ago, but shipping from Tweeterhead used to be free (which actually means the price of shipping was baked into the price of the statue). It was increased from “free” to $25.

They knew full well that they were going to selling 1/5 and 1/4 scale pieces, and that shipping would be more than $25 for some. They were soliciting the 1/4 Joker at the same time as they announced the $25 flat rate. This was a negotiated sales tactic.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:56 AM   #677
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yep, definitely shady. It sucks too because I'm pissed about this myself, and want to go after them for an explanation, but in this case my Joker was ordered through Sideshow. So, I can't wait to be bent over by their shipping fees.

Though, this will probably be the final straw in getting me to cancel my Scarecrow (which was my final TH direct piece).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:15 AM   #678
MPCanes
The X-Men

A lot of this just comes down to piss poor communication - everyone is feeling the pinch right now and TH is a small producer. An email to everyone ?y?all, we are sending out invoices and due to astronomical increases we are asking for a higher flat rate in shipping: if this doesn?t work, we?ll provide a full refund. To show our appreciation here?s a 25 dollar code for a future TH preorder on sideshow? or something of that nature.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:17 AM   #679
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
A lot of this just comes down to piss poor communication - everyone is feeling the pinch right now and TH is a small producer. An email to everyone ?y?all, we are sending out invoices and due to astronomical increases we are asking for a higher flat rate in shipping: if this doesn?t work, we?ll provide a full refund. To show our appreciation here?s a 25 dollar code for a future TH preorder on sideshow? or something of that nature.
spot on.

I went ahead and paid the invoice.... I'll be out of town soon, until 2023, so I can't be dicking around with this stuff and have it show up while I'm gone.

If something changes/credit is given, I can apply it to John Stewart who is my last direct order with them.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #680
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yep, and they literally had an easy opportunity to do that last week in the newsletter. But, it was crickets.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote