Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #21
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
My hopes have been raised. I have a source who says Randy's working on starting up again.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:46 AM   #23
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
- I do also like the idea of a Sentry

riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #24
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #25
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteguytu View Post
1. What would you as a collector want to let them know that if they did would endear you to their product?

2. What would be most important to you? Cost? Statue weight? Paint job quality? Design complexity?

3. Would you prefer action poses or museum poses(or both?)

4. What would be your top 5 character choices?

Let the responses flow, folks!
The most important thing of all; make 1/7 scale statues instead of 1/6. Too many new companies are making actual 1/6 statues thinking they're doing the Bowen scale... WRONG. That's a false comfort, the scales don't match and they're basically starting a completely new venture.

When XM first started doing 1/4 statues, those statue adds on to the already existing 1/4 SSC collections, same exact scale, fits right in. When XM start doing true 1/6, they're too big and don't fit Bowen, so it affects people's decision to buy since they don't fit in with what people already have, which are actually 1/7, Bowens and Kotos.

Price and other things factors too, but scale is something companies really need to do some research on before committing to. Actual 1/6 statues almost doesn't exist, even though that's the marketing term everyone uses, they're mostly 1/7.

---
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #26
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
The most important thing of all; make 1/7 scale statues instead of 1/6. Too many new companies are making actual 1/6 statues thinking they're doing the Bowen scale... WRONG. That's a false comfort, the scales don't match and they're basically starting a completely new venture.

When XM first started doing 1/4 statues, those statue adds on to the already existing 1/4 SSC collections, same exact scale, fits right in. When XM start doing true 1/6, they're too big and don't fit Bowen, so it affects people's decision to buy since they don't fit in with what people already have, which are actually 1/7, Bowens and Kotos.

Price and other things factors too, but scale is something companies really need to do some research on before committing to. Actual 1/6 statues almost doesn't exist, even though that's the marketing term everyone uses, they're mostly 1/7.

---
Well said. Most Bowens are about 1:7. The Kotos might be 1:6.5 on a good day. But the bottom line - as you said - is they aren't allowing collectors to add-on to their displays. They're starting a whole new series. These statues are readily available on the market, they should have no problem scaling them to Bowens/Kotos as they have with Sideshow's 1:4. You even see SS pieces in the background of lots of these pics.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote