Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Pokemon Go

I don't know how there isn't a thread about this.

We just got it on the weekend in Canada, I've only hit level 4 just now so haven't got to play a whole lot but it's fun. Especially for someone who likes to walk anyways. Anyone else?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Easily the worst thing to happen since man buns, reaction videos, and selfie sticks.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Reports of people falling off cliffs, getting run over by cars, etc all while playing this, it gets you outdoors but you spend your time looking down and staring at a screen instead of taking in nature, kinda defeats the purpose of the great outdoors.

" Oh I think I've found a Squirtle "

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
MrJones

Ok the thread was to see if anyone was playing and enjoying the game, not to hear how it is the downfall of society.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To be fair, you don't have to walk around with the phone to your face. Set the phone to vibrate when you are near something of importance and you won't miss a pokestop, pokemon or gym.

I don't play, but my boyfriend does. He likes it. He has fun doing it and it livens up walking the dog. So both our dog and he are happy! Seems like a win win.

If anything, this game is teaching us all about Darwinism. I'm sorry, but if your f**kin stupid enough to walk into traffic or off a cliff -- you were not a prime member of the species.

As a fun side story, a week before Pokémon Go was even heard of, my friend bought stock in Nintendo pending the release of their new system. In less than 5 days his stock value more than quadrupled. Just wait til this hits all of Asia!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

My kids play it an d they love it. I have taken then to local parks and it has been quite fun. I don’t get the haters at all. Sure it isn’t for everyone but why do you have to piss in other’s cheerios? It’s harmless and it does get kids outside and when going we do more than just play the game. It’s a fad, it will pass but I am sure another game will come along (I heard that Harry Potter might be next). I do think the augmented reality is going to stick in some fashion.

CAF

Last edited by JadeGiant; 07-20-2016 at 03:34 PM.
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
To be fair, you don't have to walk around with the phone to your face. Set the phone to vibrate when you are near something of importance and you won't miss a pokestop, pokemon or gym.

I don't play, but my boyfriend does. He likes it. He has fun doing it and it livens up walking the dog. So both our dog and he are happy! Seems like a win win.

If anything, this game is teaching us all about Darwinism. I'm sorry, but if your f**kin stupid enough to walk into traffic or off a cliff -- you were not a prime member of the species.

As a fun side story, a week before Pokémon Go was even heard of, my friend bought stock in Nintendo pending the release of their new system. In less than 5 days his stock value more than quadrupled. Just wait til this hits all of Asia!

So true. The accounts of people doing stupid things are not about the game - it's about the person. And news and social media are just looking for a reason to talk about the game so if you can tie something to it they will ... pure sensationalism

CAF
Old 07-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
My kids play it an d they love it. I have taken then to local parks and it has been quite fun. I don’t get the haters at all. Sure it isn’t for everyone but why do you have to piss in other’s cheerios? It’s harmless and it does get kids outside and when going we do more than just play the game. It’s a fad, it will pass but I am sure another game will come along (I heard that Harry Potter might be next). I do think the augmented reality is going to stick in some fashion.
100%

If this is getting kids/people outside I'm with it. And AR Augmented Reality gaming is going to be HUGE trust me.

Last edited by JadeGiant; 07-20-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ummmm......a Harry Potter version I would totes play.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:33 PM   #10
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

And I am sure there is a game or two that would appeal to me … I agree … AR is here to stay.

CAF