Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #21
stone eagle
Justice League

I understand what you are saying Arkalogik. You need to be paid for your work and I would love to see ARH stay in business and keep producing great statues.
Other things need to be considered as well such as ARH's reputation and customer satisfaction ratings.
The China produced statues are a separate issue and I have seen the update thread on them but when it comes to the in house statues and busts ARH should consider how the customer feels when it has taken a year or two to get a statue that was originally promised to be delivered just a couple months after full payment.
As a back-ordered customer I have no issue with you over mold manufacturing and casting of the kits unless you are Abrahom's sole supplier of in house statues and my statues are put on a back burner so fresh kits can be sold and shipped before my statues. I bet all other older customers with statues waiting off of this list would feel the same. There is no reason why you or ARH couldn't get deposits for later production of the kits but fill the back orders first please......
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #22
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
This would not be redoing an old statue...it would basically mean me digging through hundreds of old molds and making a fresh casting for someone who wants it. We already have many of the molds in storage so why not use them if someone wants a kit?
Does there have to be a certain number of people wanting a certain mold before you make it a kit or will you just make any older mold on request and payment?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #23
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
I don't think I can sell any licensed characters as kits. They have to be some of ARH's original line of characters. Sorry, no Frazetta or Tarzan.
Does that also include Pocahontas? Cause she's on my want list.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:09 PM   #24
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
I understand what you are saying Arkalogik. You need to be paid for your work and I would love to see ARH stay in business and keep producing great statues.
Other things need to be considered as well such as ARH's reputation and customer satisfaction ratings.
The China produced statues are a separate issue and I have seen the update thread on them but when it comes to the in house statues and busts ARH should consider how the customer feels when it has taken a year or two to get a statue that was originally promised to be delivered just a couple months after full payment.
As a back-ordered customer I have no issue with you over mold manufacturing and casting of the kits unless you are Abrahom's sole supplier of in house statues and my statues are put on a back burner so fresh kits can be sold and shipped before my statues. I bet all other older customers with statues waiting off of this list would feel the same. There is no reason why you or ARH couldn't get deposits for later production of the kits but fill the back orders first please......
I totally agree with you and I too am frustrated with some of the decisions that ARH has made over the years. I am coming into the issue after all those things have been done and it sucks to not be able to do anything about it.

Anything that has been ordered I have already cast and given to Arahom to now build and paint so they are all in his hands at this point. Now I am just trying to get some kits going to generate some money for myself not ARH studios.

I am painting some of the new bust orders at my own studio but all the older statues on back order are with Arahom at his studio.

Painting a statue can take days if not weeks, while pouring a kit can be done in a couple hours.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #25
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Does there have to be a certain number of people wanting a certain mold before you make it a kit or will you just make any older mold on request and payment?
If we have a good mold for the character than I should be able to pour them up on demand. I will have to look at each and every mold though because I am going to be working with some older molds that someone else made. (which of course will be inferior to mine) HA!

So it will be on case by case basis! I will have to get a list from Arahom what mold he has and then we will go from there. Not sure if Pocahontas is available or not but I will check!
Old 04-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #26
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
If we have a good mold for the character than I should be able to pour them up on demand. I will have to look at each and every mold though because I am going to be working with some older molds that someone else made. (which of course will be inferior to mine) HA!

So it will be on case by case basis! I will have to get a list from Arahom what mold he has and then we will go from there. Not sure if Pocahontas is available or not but I will check!
Awesome. When will you start taking orders?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #27
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Awesome. When will you start taking orders?
All the kits listed are available right now but I will need to check out all the old molds to see what is good and what isn't.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #28
stone eagle
Justice League

Thank you for the response and update Arkalogik.
Good luck with production and getting some income flowing for you.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #29
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Yes we have actually talked about doing a full size statue but the cost would be outrageous. Maybe we could do a go fund me or kickstarter for something looks keep that if people really want it. I know Arahom is down but would need funds to get it produced.
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant lifesize for the busts.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #30
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant lifesize for the busts.
Yes we have talked about that as well but same issues. Price vs payback and taking that chance on something that big. It all depends on the demand for something and most people cannot afford a full size bust.