Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #141
Peedi
The Secret Six

Best scenario would’ve been 4 separate PFs for Nightwing, a larger 16-18 year old Tim Robin, smaller 10-13 year old Damian Robin, and an original Dick Robin.

As is I’m glad to get a Robin. Still, I would’ve preferred Damian as his own PF in his own costume as opposed to an add on for Tim.

Nightwing PF that matches this factory/warehouse look with Tim and Barbara by SDCC.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #142
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
From Sideshow live today.

Regular comes with both portraits.

The Katana is the exclusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Gotta have the EX then. I want to display Damien with the katana.
Yeah. It’s pointless to have Damian’s head on Tim’s body with Tim’s weapon. Damian has to have his sword. For me it’s Ex or fail to have a more complete Damian. I can see how that won’t be so for others though.

*no mention of the capes. I’m guessing both capes come with the regular as well? Or the Damian hooded cape is part of the Ex with his sword? The on-screen picture labeled “Exclusive” barely showed the Katana.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #143
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Did they announce the PO date?
No, but I imagine it's soon since they've shown the proto twice now.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #144
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Gotta have the EX then. I want to display Damien with the katana.
Cool both Editions will have the two portraits, but just the katana being the EX is kinda weak, just make one ES.

It's funny how on the sideshow live they kinda acknowledge the Internets disappointment with the royal guard.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #145
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Cool both Editions will have the two portraits, but just the katana being the EX is kinda weak, just make one ES.

It's funny how on the sideshow live they kinda acknowledge the Internets disappointment with the royal guard.
I agree. It all should’ve been one edition. It’s already a small PF, just include everything. All the parts!

Also noted how they keep saying Robin but never refer to him as a specific Robin. Much like SS never distinguished which Hawkgirl their PF is. I wonder if they even know who they’re making sometimes and not just making things based off pictures, assumptions and ignorance. Lol.

The Royal Guard comments were soooo extra.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:35 PM   #146
adee
Green Arrow

Just watched live, he looks really good. Don't think I'd need the katana.

The Royal Guard stuff made me laugh too.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:53 PM   #147
SONICobra
Batman

that dude in the plaid is weird, that was a little rough to watch
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #148
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Best scenario would’ve been 4 separate PFs for Nightwing, a larger 16-18 year old Tim Robin, smaller 10-13 year old Damian Robin, and an original Dick Robin.

As is I’m glad to get a Robin. Still, I would’ve preferred Damian as his own PF in his own costume as opposed to an add on for Tim.

Nightwing PF that matches this factory/warehouse look with Tim and Barbara by SDCC.
I agree.

I would love to have Dick Grayson Robin too. It’s just if I have to choose between nightwing and robin, I will always choose Nightwing. I would love to have young justice animation Dick!Robin, because that is my favorite costume of robin (I mean SS made Batgirl with YJ costume so why not?).

For Tim, I would have preferred YJ comics rebirth patrick gleeson robin costume. And for Damian, I wanted the black pants and green boots with sharp things on the gloves.

But, the reality is, we have to be happy with them making a robin at all lol
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #149
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I want to like this piece because I'm a big Damian fan, but I'm just not getting the Damian vibe from this piece. I just feel that the sculpt doesn't capture what a badass he is.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #150
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I want to like this piece because I'm a big Damian fan, but I'm just not getting the Damian vibe from this piece. I just feel that the sculpt doesn't capture what a badass he is.
Understandable, because this isn’t a Damian statue. This is a Tim statue with Damian parts.

Like chrismhk said, I would’ve preferred Damian with his black pants and green boots. Also Damian has long black sleeves, not Tim’s short green sleeves. Whatever they want to call this PF, it’s definitely Tim primarily. Maybe a variant Robin: Son of Batman PF for Spooktacular with Damian’s color scheme? Hopeful wishing.

Still, it’s my option for both and I do like the execution of it. I’m 100% in on this. They’re showing it Live, where is the fricking PO!?! I’m ready!