Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #41
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Brought another thread back from the dead with my own Mech-Legs Maul. What else can I say about Gentle Giant that I haven't already said? Loving everything these guys do. Paint, detail, everything....even presence for a 1/6 statue. This has it all. One of the gnarliest, creepiest, and one-of-a-kind Maul statues out there. What an awesome concept from start to finish. So happy I was able to score one. Thank you Gentle Giant!

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #42
AlizAbef

Old 08-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #43
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Looks so cool! Only wished it was 1/4.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #44
AlizAbef

If this was quarter scale, it'd be the largest 1/4 scale statue ever. Even bigger than Sideshow's Abomination PF...and that guy is massive. Right now, Maul's base is approximately 17" in diameter. Imagine the base at 1/4 scale....it'd be like a 40" diameter base (maybe even more). At that size, not too many collectors would even be able to display that. So it's probably better that GG made this as 1/6. Believe me CBG, even at 1/6 he has plenty of presence. I took a picture of him next to XM's Magneto. He has just as much presence and can easily be spotted in a random display just as much as Magneto can.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #45
qz33
Doctor Doom

AlizAbef, I don't care for the twist on the character nor have I been able to omake it past Season 1 of the Clone Wars but this is without a doubt in the top echelon of statues I own.

Even the base alone pictures don't do justice. This is a very special statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #46
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
If this was quarter scale, it'd be the largest 1/4 scale statue ever. Even bigger than Sideshow's Abomination PF...and that guy is massive. Right now, Maul's base is approximately 17" in diameter. Imagine the base at 1/4 scale....it'd be like a 40" diameter base (maybe even more). At that size, not too many collectors would even be able to display that. So it's probably better that GG made this as 1/6. Believe me CBG, even at 1/6 he has plenty of presence. I took a picture of him next to XM's Magneto. He has just as much presence and can easily be spotted in a random display just as much as Magneto can.

Wow! still looks so bada$$! Always loved weird statues liked this. GG makes great statues. I wished they would make more 1/4 statues. This spider maul is a one of a kind for sure. LOOKS AMAZING!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote