Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

GameStop Exclusive Darth Vader Mini-Bust

I happened to walk into GameStop this afternoon and saw this mini-bust on display. It's the first time I've seen or even heard of this new line of busts. I should've taken a picture of it with my iPhone, but you can find enough of them if you Google them. Not really a whole lot to say about it other than it doesn't have or include the arms which are normally found on their 1/6 mini-busts. It's the same size as their normal 1/6 mini-busts, just without the arms.

I can see it being armless if it were a 1/4 scale mini-bust, but I think for 1/6, it should have them. That's what makes their usual 1/6 lines so special is that it's basically the whole upper torso to include arms. I had no idea it was an Exclusive to GameStop until I got home to look it up.

And I wouldn't go as far to say it's all Exclusive either (well limited anyway), because I saw the total ES for this bust printed on the COA and it was 5,000. This particular one was like 768 of 5,000. It was also $80, which hints to me that GG is now charging the old average price for their new armless mini-busts, and any new mini-busts with arms are being sold for $120. It's just a thought, but it's probably what this new price listing is gonna turn out to be for their mini-busts.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:33 AM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

It's also on their website
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:53 AM   #3
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post

It's also on their website
Haha, that goes to show you how often I surf their website. What do you think of it, jedi? Do you like it? I personally don't, but it's Darth Vader you know?
Old 12-01-2015, 03:13 AM   #4
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I gave up on busts long ago as I prefer a complete figure. This is nice for a classic style bust. But I agree with you that maybe a larger scale would set this product apart fro their 1/6 scale line sith arms.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:44 AM   #5
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I gave up on busts long ago as I prefer a complete figure. This is nice for a classic style bust. But I agree with you that maybe a larger scale would set this product apart fro their 1/6 scale line sith arms.
Agree, it's cool for a more classic/professional bust; however, it should be 1/4 scale if it's gonna look like that and have no arms.

I also don't like how they didn't sculpt in a lower portion of his torso, which would include his belt. It seems now the lower torso has been replaced by more base (which sucks). I also don't like how the upper torso 'funnels' into the base. GG cheapened out on this a lot, man.

Had the bust looked like this with the base starting below his belt, I wouldn't have thought twice about buying one:

Old 12-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #6
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I really hate that GG is bringing back the classic (armless) busts.

We have so many mini busts that need to be made :/
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote