Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #1891
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Last I looked which was one min before I posted this, I saw a white woman, plain and simple. But to keep your argument that he is an SJW you need to make up something, right? I for one do not care, it is Sideshow's company and a Sideshow product, if they do not want to stay true to the characters ethnicity then so be it, perhaps it will sell worse due to that fact.
If you think this statue looks like a white woman you need to get out more and spot some white people.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #1892
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Last I looked which was one min before I posted this, I saw a white woman, plain and simple. But to keep your argument that he is an SJW you need to make up something, right? I for one do not care, it is Sideshow's company and a Sideshow product, if they do not want to stay true to the characters ethnicity then so be it, perhaps it will sell worse due to that fact.
It already has. Psylocke is a pretty popular X-Men character and the EX only has an ES of 600. X-23 is more than double.

This Psylocke needs to be completely scrapped. It's horrible. The base is trash too.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #1893
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh Psylocke looks Asian, but not the Asian country of either her character or Jim Lee. She looks closest to Russian or Eastern European. Just because you elongate eyes does NOT make an Asian portrait. And THAT was the factor that I think most people focused on with the original portrait.

In turn, SS gave us a face that looks too long and is too small for the body. And nothing that looks Asian or like Jim Lee art. There is no fullness to her face. Her lips are too thin. He nose looks like she's had a bad nose job since it's also too thin.

If you think this looks like a Japanese or Korean woman - I am stunned.

This statue went from a day one PO to FThis when SS went so left on this statue. Beautiful body, pose, and base (yep, I like it) just wasted.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #1894
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh Psylocke looks Asian, but not the Asian country of either her character or Jim Lee. She looks closest to Russian or Eastern European. Just because you elongate eyes does NOT make an Asian portrait. And THAT was the factor that I think most people focused on with the original portrait.

In turn, SS gave us a face that looks too long and is too small for the body. And nothing that looks Asian or like Jim Lee art. There is no fullness to her face. Her lips are too thin. He nose looks like she's had a bad nose job since it's also too thin.

This statue went from a day one PO to FThis when SS went so left on this statue. Beautiful body, pose, and base (yep, I like it) just wasted.
Agreed 110%
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:59 PM   #1895
nearmint
Phoenix

I don't care what race she appears to be. The first portrait made me want to buy the statue. The second portrait is an easy pass.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #1896
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It already has. Psylocke is a pretty popular X-Men character and the EX only has an ES of 600. X-23 is more than double.

This Psylocke needs to be completely scrapped. It's horrible. The base is trash too.
Yep, can't believe they ruined one of Marvel's hottest female characters. Let's hog the good licenses but not give anyone comic book accuracy.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #1897
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't care what race she appears to be. The first portrait made me want to buy the statue. The second portrait is an easy pass.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #1898
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
ITA. I said it before and stick by it -- that original portrait was one of the best SS has ever made. Pics at conventions with facing striaght ahead were amazing. Stunning.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #1899
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Totally agree. I was very eager to PO, but then they made that change to the face, so I decided no to buy it anymore.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #1900
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
WELL SAID!! BEST POST EVER ON THIS STATUE.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote