Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2023, 09:56 AM   #651
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Scarecrow looks awesome but I wonder why they opted to release one before a Two-Face, a Riddler or a Penguin. I will not say that I am the biggest Batman authority but growing up and collecting comics and watching shows, I don't recall as much with Scarecrow as I can recall the above listed characters. And if money is the issue, I would think that characters like those would be faster sell-outs wouldn't they? Anyways, just a thought. Regardless, this Scarecrow version does look pretty awesome. Congrats to those who purchased and received theirs.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 12:09 PM   #652
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Scarecrow looks awesome but I wonder why they opted to release one before a Two-Face, a Riddler or a Penguin. I will not say that I am the biggest Batman authority but growing up and collecting comics and watching shows, I don't recall as much with Scarecrow as I can recall the above listed characters. And if money is the issue, I would think that characters like those would be faster sell-outs wouldn't they? Anyways, just a thought. Regardless, this Scarecrow version does look pretty awesome. Congrats to those who purchased and received theirs.
I agree regarding Two-Face. As for Riddler and Penguin I don't think they are visually that interesting. I doubt they'd sell faster than Scarecrow. Just look at Prime1's Arkham line...they skipped Riddler and Penguin.

Yes Riddler and Penguin are likely higher tiered Batman rogues historically...but I don't think they'd sell well merchandise wise.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 12:26 PM   #653
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonPixie View Post
Call me blind too because I can?t spot anything in that first image. Second one in the middle of the highlight circle there is a piece a little lighter, maybe that is what he?s talking about?
Probably an ebay seller who has had buyers nitpick his stuff to death in the past.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 12:45 PM   #654
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

visually interesting.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I agree regarding Two-Face. As for Riddler and Penguin I don't think they are visually that interesting. I doubt they'd sell faster than Scarecrow. Just look at Prime1's Arkham line...they skipped Riddler and Penguin.

Yes Riddler and Penguin are likely higher tiered Batman rogues historically...but I don't think they'd sell well merchandise wise.
I think you are correct regarding the visual aesthetics of the character for certain. I was just surprised based on the historical popularity in order of appearances, etc. as well that we have yet to see those other characters in SS. Particularly since other companies have done so.....even XM with their Samurai line. (which I absolutely LOVE by the way). LOL.

I wish a Talia Al Guhl would be created at some point.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:25 PM   #655
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post

I wish a Talia Al Guhl would be created at some point.
I'd be all over a Ra's al Ghul PF if they ever release one.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:49 AM   #656
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

..............sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'd be all over a Ra's al Ghul PF if they ever release one.
that would be sweet!!!!!
Old 02-15-2023, 08:21 PM   #657
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Probably an ebay seller who has had buyers nitpick his stuff to death in the past.
Ha yeah so I ended up buying it. I mean I can't tell if it was supposed to be painted or not. It blends in with the rest of the base in my opinion. Glad I pulled the trigger on it cause it will probably be hard to find now since it's sold out at Sideshow. And I'm sure people will be asking crazy money for it now.
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote