Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-08-2023, 03:15 AM   #31
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
$3000
Really?
Not confirmed, just assuming. I would think this would be around the same as the others or a little more?
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 03:31 AM   #32
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Not confirmed, just assuming. I would think this would be around the same as the others or a little more?
I would hope that something like this would be well below $2,500 USD.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 03:37 AM   #33
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I would hope that something like this would be well below $2,500 USD.
Mera was $2600-2700, it’s not unrealistic that this would be the same or more. Also, probably a lot more silicone used (bare feet and legs, arms, etc.). Also, probably a low ES because this is definitely an obscure one. And seems like all the companies are adding inflation. Just guessing though.
Old 02-08-2023, 03:55 AM   #34
Masa_yodamorph

Just a thought, wasn’t this the type of dress the elves wore for their departure to Valinor?

But I suppose why would they make that since she didn’t go anyways lol. This is bugging me if there was a specific scene of this that I just can’t remember lol.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:10 AM   #35
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I would guess it’s based off her introduction scene when Frodo imagines her as an angel. Sort of similar to the old Weta statue. White dress, barefoot, elegant look.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:25 AM   #36
Masa_yodamorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonPixie View Post
I would guess it?s based off her introduction scene when Frodo imagines her as an angel. Sort of similar to the old Weta statue. White dress, barefoot, elegant look.
Ah yes, I bet you’re right.

Now I’m also betting that she will be wearing the Evenstar necklace (forgot what it was called, looked it up) and JND will incorporate Swarovski crystals in it lol.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:43 AM   #37
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I've been going back and forth on this announcement, and I just can't seem to find the "old excitement" - maybe it's JND burnout, or maybe it's just a boring as dishwater character.....I'm certainly not foaming at the mouth at the prospect of paying $2k+ for this.

Maybe if they did her in her "saving Frodo" load - out, I might be tempted.....but a pretty lady in a dress, who (I have the impression) didn't do much more than pout throughout the movie.....yeah, not so much....

This is one of my major gripes with LotR, very few significant female characters....don't get me wrong, I'm far from Cpt. Woke - but, I like statues of female badasses, armed and dangerous - taking names.....not.....this.

Still, money saved.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 07:09 AM   #38
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've been going back and forth on this announcement, and I just can't seem to find the "old excitement" - maybe it's JND burnout, or maybe it's just a boring as dishwater character.....I'm certainly not foaming at the mouth at the prospect of paying $2k+ for this.

Maybe if they did her in her "saving Frodo" load - out, I might be tempted.....but a pretty lady in a dress, who (I have the impression) didn't do much more than pout throughout the movie.....yeah, not so much....

This is one of my major gripes with LotR, very few significant female characters....don't get me wrong, I'm far from Cpt. Woke - but, I like statues of female badasses, armed and dangerous - taking names.....not.....this.

Still, money saved.
Exactly!
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 07:46 AM   #39
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Still, money saved.
Have you even seen the movies? I am guessing not as this just seems like another classic know nothing, yet have opinion on everything post.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:35 AM   #40
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This piece better be max 2K or LESS...(that would be the day)

I wonder if they will do the whole LOTR characters now.... I could do with just Galadriel and I'm good
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote