Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-06-2017, 02:47 AM   #61
Pharmer
The Herculoids

What's everyone's opinion on Iron Studio's work (consistency in quality and paint apps...some companies show a prototype that has a vastly superior paint app only to sell production pieces that are grossly different)? With the prices rocketing upwards for statues, I'm just about ready to call it quits. Still don't have a Wolvie in my collection, though and I'm torn between this one and the premium format that's still not painted yet (standing over a sentinel's hand).
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:37 AM   #62
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
What's everyone's opinion on Iron Studio's work (consistency in quality and paint apps...some companies show a prototype that has a vastly superior paint app only to sell production pieces that are grossly different)? With the prices rocketing upwards for statues, I'm just about ready to call it quits. Still don't have a Wolvie in my collection, though and I'm torn between this one and the premium format that's still not painted yet (standing over a sentinel's hand).
I own Iron Studios 1/4 Captain America and Iron Man statues from Age of Ultron Movie and their QC is top notch. I also own their 1/6 scale Superman vs Doomsday and it also has great QC.

I haven't heard anything bad about their 1/4 Captain America Civil War Statues, from the pictures they look pretty awesome.

The only bad thing I've heard about Iron Studios was the Spider-Man Comic statue which had some really bad QC due to a really bad factory but Iron Studios had them redone and replaced anyone's statue that had bad QC.

If I was to list the companies with the best quality control based on my own experience, it would be:

1) XM Studios
2) PrototypeZ
3) Prime 1
4) Iron Studios
5) Tweeterhead
6) Koto
7) Gaming Heads
8) Sideshow
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #63
Y3E
Gen 13

Nice action pose, but face on both mask portraits are too fat, especially the modern head.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #64
adee
Green Arrow

I agree that the portraits could be better but I really like the figure. The base, one the other hand, is awful.

Not only is it big and distracting but it makes no sense for this version of the character.

I can't imagine what they were thinking with this. Also it could just be the pics but his biceps are so big it looks a little weird to me.
adee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #65
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Nice action pose, but face on both mask portraits are too fat, especially the modern head.
i was thinking the same thing, he looks a little chubby - hes on a bulk lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #66
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Don't know if was announced already, but it's up for Pre order along with the Weapon X now at SS. I think the actual Wolverine looks amazing, specially that lunging pose, but I dont care for the heads and MUCH LESS the base.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #67
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I agree with the majority on this. I think wolverine himself is sweet but the base ruins it for me plus I already have XM Wolverine so I don't really need this. It's very similar pose wise. Sideshows new wolverine has potential. I hope it's the astonishing outfit
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #68
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I own Iron Studios 1/4 Captain America and Iron Man statues from Age of Ultron Movie and their QC is top notch. I also own their 1/6 scale Superman vs Doomsday and it also has great QC.

I haven't heard anything bad about their 1/4 Captain America Civil War Statues, from the pictures they look pretty awesome.

The only bad thing I've heard about Iron Studios was the Spider-Man Comic statue which had some really bad QC due to a really bad factory but Iron Studios had them redone and replaced anyone's statue that had bad QC.

If I was to list the companies with the best quality control based on my own experience, it would be:

1) XM Studios
2) PrototypeZ
3) Prime 1
4) Iron Studios
5) Tweeterhead
6) Koto
7) Gaming Heads
8) Sideshow
Thanks for the feedback! Most negative feedback about this piece seems to be directed at the base; however, I have to admit, a tonne of work went into it's production and personally I think it works great with Wolvie (better as Weapon X but I like the "yellow spandex" better )!

At $600, if they pull off QC that's better than Sideshow, it's a great deal as many companies are now pushing $700 plus for more complex 1/4 pieces. My collection will probably have a 1/4 Wolvie afterall!

Thanks again
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #69
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I´m really considering buying this piece. I´m reading a lot of X-Men right now, which makes me want almost every X-Men piece out there lol, and saw this one in person and thought it looked great, one of my favourites from IS so far. Base is the same as Weapon X, only diference is that it´s damaged and rusty, but I don´t really mind and don´t think it´s size takes the attention away from Wolverine. I also love the pose and the unmasked portrait.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #70
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote