Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #181
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I don't think it should be a VS thing though... Great art is great art, and both companies produce a crap load of it. There is stuff to love about both.
Oh I agree, but that thread is fun to mess around with the "" Hardcore Fanboys ""

They get all bent out of shape so easily
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #182
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Ok see bro...that's all you had to say!!

As far as options...you as well as others have the impression the extras are adding on to the price of the statues and that simply is not true. That is a big presumption. How is it that Captain American and Black Widow have tons of options, but Hulk only has 1 switch out head? The packages are still huge. Captain America is a huge package. Now if you look at it like that....you might have a different perspective.

And another thing....I guess you can say XM statues cost $800...but that is in other territories outside of the four XM can't sell directly to. If you were in the four territories, you can get the statues for $500 - $600 and for tons of extras, high quality mats (solid not eggshell thin), primo QC, solid packaging, and in IMO the best AD in the business right now.....that's what makes a collectible PREMIUM.
Well said Loric, and xm is looking like some of their extras will have their own decorative stands to display the extras which is niceā€¦ Sideshow doesn't do this so another reason to justify XM's prices! You get a lot of pack for your punch with these collectibles...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #183
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Well said Loric, and xm is looking like some of their extras will have their own decorative stands to display the extras which is nice… Sideshow doesn't do this so another reason to justify XM's prices! You get a lot of pack for your punch with these collectibles...

Sarah
Hey Sarah. It's nice to see you coming over to XM and getting invested in their awesome work. I think they are really making some great statues with a lot of heart and soul and great collaboration. These will be very special statues to own in the years ahead.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #184
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Hey Sarah. It's nice to see you coming over to XM and getting invested in their awesome work. I think they are really making some great statues with a lot of heart and soul and great collaboration. These will be very special statues to own in the years ahead.
Yeah Viper I'm not really sure how many Collectibles I'll be able to own of theirs but I have dozens and dozens of Sideshow and hot toys and were going to branch out and invest in them but I want to see how magneto turns out and if it comes out great I'll stop buying so much sideshow and just get a few great xm pieces instead!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #185
Khufu
Mephisto

I'm dying to see the new base and painted preview. I'm really curious what they are planning for the base. Hopefully, we'll get a preview next week before SGTCC.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #186
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah Viper I'm not really sure how many Collectibles I'll be able to own of theirs but I have dozens and dozens of Sideshow and hot toys and were going to branch out and invest in them but I want to see how magneto turns out and if it comes out great I'll stop buying so much sideshow and just get a few great xm pieces instead!

Sarah
Yeah Sarah I will be selective as well with XM pieces. There is no way I can afford or justify spending the money it will take to buy them all but I do plan to get several of them. I only have three Sideshow orders right now and really don't plan to add anymore at this point. My focus will be with XM going forward. They are just knocking their pieces out of the park and are making collecting fun again.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #187
toe
Alpha Flight

Can't wait to have you Thanos.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #188
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
Can't wait to have you Thanos.
This sounds a bit....

Just kidding.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #189
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
This sounds a bit....

That's what I was thinking
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #190
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
This sounds a bit....

Just kidding.
How dare you judge you bastard!!!

I have a Thanos man-crush too...he's so big and strong and dangerous...
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote