Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #81
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Then just don't make the full run or make them in batches. They own their factories so they can do as little as they want per batch. They already invested the time and money in development. Not to mention the upset customers.
Is this true that they own their own factories?
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #82
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Prime 1 Studios said they cancelled the BVS Batmobile because of lack of pre orders and it was also due to the complexity of the Batmobile.
They had to know how complex it was when they did the prototype, that is a poor excuse on their end. I can understand if they only got a couple orders, but come on P1, you don't have to make a killing on every piece.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #83
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Is this true that they own their own factories?
I didn’t think any of the design houses owned their own factories.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:37 PM   #84
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I didn’t think any of the design houses owned their own factories.
Yeah, I had no idea. It makes sense to why P1 pieces come out looking like their protos.

As for this piece, 3 years is way too long to just cancel it with a snap of a finger. Should have been cancelled within that year then. Especially because the excuse is that “sales weren’t good”. Surely they would have seen the sales not good in that year. And if they do own their own factory, why not limit the ES to a little more than how many people ordered. That could have been special for this piece and surely they would have gotten more buyers as a very “limited piece”. People love that s//t.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #85
dao2
Cyclops

It's possible but kinda skeptical. Some japanese anime figure companies do own stakes in factories though so possible, they do make enough product to continually give them work ;p still haven't heard of a statue company doing it though
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:11 PM   #86
Silverfox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really feel bad for the collectors who were looking forward to this😞
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:04 AM   #87
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Then just don't make the full run or make them in batches. They own their factories so they can do as little as they want per batch. They already invested the time and money in development. Not to mention the upset customers.
We don't have any idea how many were actually preordered, but I'm guessing not many. Even if it was initially a decent amount, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few orders have been cancelled since it was taking so long to produce. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes stuff gets cancelled. We aren't running the business so we don't know how much it would cost to produce a few of them at a time to make a few people happy. In the long run, I'm sure it's more cost-effective to just scrap it or they would have gone through with it. You think they want to hear people -----ing?

It sucks for the people that did have it ordered, but I'm betting a lot of people who are complaining didn't.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #88
Don
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
We don't have any idea how many were actually preordered, but I'm guessing not many. Even if it was initially a decent amount, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few orders have been cancelled since it was taking so long to produce. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes stuff gets cancelled. We aren't running the business so we don't know how much it would cost to produce a few of them at a time to make a few people happy. In the long run, I'm sure it's more cost-effective to just scrap it or they would have gone through with it. You think they want to hear people -----ing?

It sucks for the people that did have it ordered, but I'm betting a lot of people who are complaining didn't.
To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement. I have been a loyal fan of large-scale figures (Prime 1 and otherwise) and have dedicated rooms and areas in my home for them. I bought the Arkham Knight Batmobile AFTER I SAW THIS BATMAN vs. SUPERMAN VERSION AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON. I had grand ideas of the two being part of a complementary arrangement. Collecting large-scale pieces gets kind of expensive. Collectors need time to organize their finances, spaces, and ideas before proceeding to acquire these. There are times that we have to prioritize because so many good pieces come out in rapid succession. Delay in selling out a line DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THERE IS NO MARKET FOR IT. It can just take some time for niche collectors to get their act together before proceeding with a purchase--which was precisely the case in this situation for me. "No money to be made"--Prime 1 doesn't even seem to realize that they sold an Arkham Knight Batmobile and other large-scale figures to at least one collector (me) based on being inspired by this now discontinued BvS Dawn of Justice Batmobile. I have purposely not using exclamation marks but I am horribly upset over this!

I am not going to go so far as to say something stupid like "I'm never going to buy another Prime 1 statue or figure ever again." Prime 1 does beautiful work. I love the merchandise. I know that I am not at the helm of their business enterprise. But this seems a bit late in the execution strategy to cancel out on obviously loyal Prime 1 fans (who else buys these big pieces but loyal customers?), does not appear to be a good PR move, and finally, one can't help but wonder why not simply announce a change and limitation of the previously announced run based on lower than anticipated apparent interest and demand? Prime 1's fan base would be happier, and/or they would abruptly see demand for the product go sharply up. I have waited for all this time for delayed production Prime 1 Transformer pieces--which are certainly complex pieces in their own right, have their own set of issues, and which I have not made a major complaint at all about. I remained loyal and quiet till the statues came in--one of which did come with a broken part; but I did not complain and will simply glue/fix the injured part. Those Transformer pieces are some of the most complex pieces that I have ever seen--still, I waited for them. I have a room full of them! I have SIX LARGE-SCALE TRANSFORMER STATUES; AND I WAITED PATIENTLY FOR THEM. I DON'T KNOW WHY I WOULDN'T HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAWN OF JUSTICE BATMOBILE--WHICH IS SOMETHING I (and I'm willing to bet some other collectors) REALLY WANTED!!!

Sorry everyone...and Prime 1 (if you ever read this). I just don't believe that this was the right thing to do. I know "it's just a collectible"--but it's more means more than that to me. To me this is about inspiration and relationships. All this is fresh and I'm pretty upset right now (I just noticed my email message yesterday). I guess as a collector, I will just have to be frustrated and disappointed for a while...and eventually get over it. Thanks to any and all who tolerated reading this rant
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #89
SONICobra
Batman

man i feel for you, i dont buy something unless i know exactly where its going to go. building a display is part of the fun for me, id be gutted if i had bought something to go with an upcoming piece only to have that one canceled. hopefully you can still put together a kick ass display with the AK ride
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #90
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement. I have been a loyal fan of large-scale figures (Prime 1 and otherwise) and have dedicated rooms and areas in my home for them. I bought the Arkham Knight Batmobile AFTER I SAW THIS BATMAN vs. SUPERMAN VERSION AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON. I had grand ideas of the two being part of a complementary arrangement. Collecting large-scale pieces gets kind of expensive. Collectors need time to organize their finances, spaces, and ideas before proceeding to acquire these. There are times that we have to prioritize because so many good pieces come out in rapid succession. Delay in selling out a line DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THERE IS NO MARKET FOR IT. It can just take some time for niche collectors to get their act together before proceeding with a purchase--which was precisely the case in this situation for me. "No money to be made"--Prime 1 doesn't even seem to realize that they sold an Arkham Knight Batmobile and other large-scale figures to at least one collector (me) based on being inspired by this now discontinued BvS Dawn of Justice Batmobile. I have purposely not using exclamation marks but I am horribly upset over this!

I am not going to go so far as to say something stupid like "I'm never going to buy another Prime 1 statue or figure ever again." Prime 1 does beautiful work. I love the merchandise. I know that I am not at the helm of their business enterprise. But this seems a bit late in the execution strategy to cancel out on obviously loyal Prime 1 fans (who else buys these big pieces but loyal customers?), does not appear to be a good PR move, and finally, one can't help but wonder why not simply announce a change and limitation of the previously announced run based on lower than anticipated apparent interest and demand? Prime 1's fan base would be happier, and/or they would abruptly see demand for the product go sharply up. I have waited for all this time for delayed production Prime 1 Transformer pieces--which are certainly complex pieces in their own right, have their own set of issues, and which I have not made a major complaint at all about. I remained loyal and quiet till the statues came in--one of which did come with a broken part; but I did not complain and will simply glue/fix the injured part. Those Transformer pieces are some of the most complex pieces that I have ever seen--still, I waited for them. I have a room full of them! I have SIX LARGE-SCALE TRANSFORMER STATUES; AND I WAITED PATIENTLY FOR THEM. I DON'T KNOW WHY I WOULDN'T HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAWN OF JUSTICE BATMOBILE--WHICH IS SOMETHING I (and I'm willing to bet some other collectors) REALLY WANTED!!!

Sorry everyone...and Prime 1 (if you ever read this). I just don't believe that this was the right thing to do. I know "it's just a collectible"--but it's more means more than that to me. To me this is about inspiration and relationships. All this is fresh and I'm pretty upset right now (I just noticed my email message yesterday). I guess as a collector, I will just have to be frustrated and disappointed for a while...and eventually get over it. Thanks to any and all who tolerated reading this rant
It definitely sucks for anyone that was wanting it. I feel for you because it's happened to me before. I'm still mad about Sideshow cancelling the Elder Predator 1/2 scale bust.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote